+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Down from the Championship

Well, half way through tonight’s fixtures and the clever money is on Wigan to stay up and Hull to crash down - 7-0 at half time!!?? When was the last time that happened?

Great stuff! And looking at remaining fixtures they are likely to avoid the drop. Stoke have still got difficult games left and Hull, Luton and Charlton play each other so one of them may escape. The other team to look out for is Birmingham!!
    🤞

Looks like Wigan could be down, assuming the 12 point deduction.

Stoke safe now and Wigan will be if they win (or probably if they draw) at home to Fulham, who'll have to attack for a win or nothing on the night as things stand. It's looking like 3 from Charlton, Hull, Luton & Barnsley. Barnsley done with Forest & Brentford to come, Hull are hanging on but have to go to Cardiff. If it stays a draw v Luton they could be sending each other down. Luton at home v a Blackburn with nothing to play for could be best chance. Charlton at Leeds - if they've not celebrated too hard Leeds will walk over them.
    Last edited by ShropshireAlex; 18-07-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Ooh Luton have scored to give themselves a chance. Hello Hull next season?

Barnsley and Hull for definite and Charlton or Wigan depending on deductions.

Whichever teams come down, they won't be big attractions in the season to come.

No, but Charlton could be a new ground for me. Anyway Bowyer is their manager so they can be relegated for me.

And then Barnsley go and beat Forest .........

Actually, Charlton would be a new ground for me too. And ditto for Bowyer.
    However, I was looking for 'big' teams coming down. Shame!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast