+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Govt. Supportive of takeover

Govt. Supportive of takeover

Article in the Times today/tomorrow.

A leaked letter basically saying they can't interfer in the premier leagues decision but they support Saudi Arabia's continued diversification efforts and the investments through PIF form part of these efforts.

Not usual for me but I'm with the Government on this one,

No disrespect to jammy, but it's old news and 'The Times' are at the forefront of fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    No disrespect to jammy, but it's old news and 'The Times' are at the forefront of fake news.
    I dunno about that, Henry Winter is the Chief football writer for The Times who is a highly respectable/unbias writer and I often find them one of the more reliable publications.

Daily Mail, Express, Mirror, The Sun, Chronicle, Independent are the publications that have continuously massive flow of sh1t coming out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Laad View Post
    I dunno about that, Henry Winter is the Chief football writer for The Times who is a highly respectable/unbias writer and I often find them one of the more reliable publications.

Daily Mail, Express, Mirror, The Sun, Chronicle, Independent are the publications that have continuously massive flow of sh1t coming out of them.
    The Saudi's will invest a lot in the area which means the Gov won't have to spend a penny on Tyneside but will take all the credit for any benefits that come out of that investment.

We're screwed. That fruitloop Uri Geller has predicted it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    The Saudi's will invest a lot in the area which means the Gov won't have to spend a penny on Tyneside but will take all the credit for any benefits that come out of that investment.
    I was 'defending' the publication so to say, rather than commenting about the story published.

Well it's not "Old news" they're actually supportive, we have all know but it's different for it to be in written word for us all to see.

Also, Winter is pretty decent in regards news.

Times isn't one i'd put at forefront of fake news myself but hey, we all have differences of opinion etc.

Are there any links to The Times article ? All I can find is 'the government won't get involed' which is what Oliver Dowden (sport secretary) said last month.

Are there any links to The Times article ? All I can find is 'the government won't get involed' which is what Oliver Dowden (sport secretary) said last month.
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/g...over-l2rcxkhmw

It's this article by Martin Ziegler similar in title but a different article, expanded upon with quotes/info of a leaked letter from the Government to the Premier League.
    Last edited by Mag_Laad; 14-06-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)