+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CUOSC cheek

CUOSC cheek

From the Official site, but aren’t they missing something? If the Club were already losing half a million each season, why weren’t CUOSC fundraising then? Since buying their shares they’ve put less into the Club that the London Branch and, as other contributors have pointed out, what can the fans do that our millionaire Chairman and billionaire factual owner can’t - from petty cash?

—————————————————————————————————————————————————— ——————————————-

The perilous state of lower league football was laid bare by Football League chairman Rick Parry this week.

He declared there was a real threat of clubs going bust with a £200million black hole expected to exist in the state of EFL clubs finances by September.

This highlights some of the stark and serious problems faced by clubs like Carlisle and is the reason CUOSC believe their fund-raising Carlisle REUnited campaign is *****.

It is well known the club were losing over £500,000 a season. Cost cutting measures have helped but the Blues are still running on a significant operating loss even in a normal season.

While a cash buffer from transfer fees will help for a few months it is hard not to see problems mounting when the new season gets under way.

If, as seems likely, it has to start behind closed doors there will be no match day income, with no hospitality packages and much reduced sponsorship and retail funds.

Furthermore, it was estimated it would have cost £125,000 per club for Covid-19 testing to complete the 2019/20 season. That translates to around £300,000 for a half of next season if things don’t change.

The figures are clearly unsustainable and are why CUOSC are seeking help from everyone who wants to see league football not only survive but thrive in the city.

The Premier League or the government may come to the rescue but CUOSC believes we shouldn’t rely on them or funding from businesses that have been hit hard and will have to prioritise their own problems.

That’s why we need fans to play their part and support us if they can. A host of former players are backing our campaign and some – Derek Asamoah, Dean Walling and Jimmy Glass – have already recorded video appeals.

These recordings and all the details of the campaign can be found on the CUOSC website at www.cuosc.org.uk/Carlisle-reunited/

CUOSC want to re-connect, re-focus and re-energise fans and sponsors. All funds raised will be used to support the club during and when we eventually emerge from the pandemic. To donate go to: www.cuosc.org.uk/Carlisle-reunited/

It is clear that for many years CUOSC have been raising substantial amounts for the club but they do not wish to boast about that.

In particular they do not wish to embarrass Barrow Supporters Club who, by comparison, in the last 12 months have raised a mere £135,000.

CUOSC are from the same school of honour as John Nixon and we should be proud to support him with regard to his prospect of getting into either the Queen's Birthday Honours List or New Year's Honours List.

London branch? United had a London branch, he would identify a London pub that was showing a united game, yes there used to be lower league football, and about half a dozen united fans who lived in London would turn up.

I expect your the same. Or is there a tree that has a branch painted blue? In London. As for the future of lower league football, it needs an Armageddon to reset. The cost of div 4 football is beyond a joke, if you look at whats delivered on the pitch. These people can hardly kick a ball, look lost, wont run, and are constantly injured

All for 60 grand a year, not bad if you can get it. Those days are over thank god. There you are busting your piggy banks to fund time wasters.

Go and watch your local Wisbech town.

Carlisle has a thriving London Branch thanks Frank. It was set up in around 1973 and I joined shortly after when I moved to the smoke. I was on the Committee for years, and was Chairman for 6 months until I moved out to Bristol in 1987. I produced the Newsletter for most of that time and sent them out all over the place, including Australia and the Falklands. It’s just gone from strength to strength since those early days and my old Gestetner duplicator has no doubt been put out to grass. It’s stuff like that that means that Carlisle are a much bigger Club than little Cambridge. We each have out football ups and downs but we have a history that leads to an obligation to the wider support that we’ve attracted. I’m quite aware though, Frank, that the bigger they are the harder they can fall. That’s why it can’t be allowed to happen.

Impressive. For some reason I thought you had never set foot out of Carlisle. Im sure our London branch still has a membership of one. Carlisle is a bigger club, no doubt, you have to ask why there are no more five figure crowds. What else is there to do in Carlisle on a Saturday afternoon, or a Tuesday evening?

You need a presence in the city centre, united had a shop for a while. Brand a bus. Have blokes walking in the city centre wearing sandwich boards advertising games on matchday, just remind people.

I went to Majorca many years ago and Majorca colours were behind the reception, I asked if Majorca were at home at the weekend, and yes, they got four extra fans.

Don't CUOSC still owe to Norman Steele £20,000 of the £50,000 that they borrowed from him in the year 2001?

That is embarrassing and they cannot really put out an appeal for funds to be used to pay it. It must be comforting to The Three, knowing that their own long term buffoonery is matched by that of CUOSC. So the future of 1921 is in the hands of EWM and the future of CUOSC is in the hands of Norman Steele.

Debt trumps all else. EWM owns 1921 and Norman Steele owns CUOSC.

Ha, in the statement from the official site the last word of the third paragraph is 'v­ital'. The FootyMad swear word inhibitor considers 'v­ital' to be a swear word (for ancient reasons). So if you are the sort of c­unt who wishes to use the word 'v­ital' on here you are f­ucked.
    Last edited by Neil_McDonalds_dick; 15-06-2020 at 10:43 PM.

The problem is that CUOSC clearly seem to think of themselves as part of the BOD when in reality they should function in a more adversarial role like an opposition party, scrutinizing and holding the BOD to account.

Absolutely spot on Kessler. The last thing the Club needs is more yes-men.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)