+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dan Barlaser

Tha can watch who we might be up against on the telly at least millertop 😉

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Warne has a good reputation developing players now and clubs know their players will be looked after here. It makes a lot of sense loaning him to a lower places champ club to start with. Let's hope they think the same.
    The only problem with this is that we spend a lot of time and effort developing players for other clubs and then they leave for nowt; Rodak being a prime example.
    Unfortunately for us though we have to have a mixture of loans, home grown players and permanent signings as our budget doesn't allow much else.
    Frustrating at times though because it's unlikely that we'll ever get to sign any of these loan players on a permanent because by the time we've improved them they are way beyond our budget.
    They are beneficial whilst they are with us though as Dan B has clearly demonstrated

I hope that the optimists are right and that he does return. This bit of the article made me think he might not:
    "Reports claim that Barlaser will have his contract extended at United with assurances from head coach Steve Bruce that he'll be part of the first-team set-up."
    That and the bits about his farewell message.
    Could be nonsense of course

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I hope that the optimists are right and that he does return. This bit of the article made me think he might not:
    "Reports claim that Barlaser will have his contract extended at United with assurances from head coach Steve Bruce that he'll be part of the first-team set-up."
    That and the bits about his farewell message.
    Could be nonsense of course
    Steve Bruce might not have a say

There are other Barlaser types to be had and now we are back in the Championship we can attract a gem from the Premier League. Watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    There are other Barlaser types to be had and now we are back in the Championship we can attract a gem from the Premier League. Watch this space
    True, be good to have permanent rather than loan

Like the way he kept referring to us as 'we' , not many players come to Rotherham and don't enjoy the experience.
    I'm sure that's the Warne effect.

It says he's going back for the summer for Steve Bruce to have a look at him. Who knows what will happen between now and Oct

Looked average on arrival but became oh so pivotal to our success this season. He will be sorely missed, thanks Dan and good luck with your future football career.

Onto the next one I suppose. Warne will somehow pick up another player, hopefully permanently signed, or he'll develop yet someone else for another club as stated above. It's very early days so no panic yet to fill the middle role.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast