+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luke Edwards - the epitome of gobsh!te journalists

Luke Edwards - the epitome of gobsh!te journalists

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...manda-18419773

Revisited: takeover podcast.

This guy talks a lot of nonsense about the takeover.

They have a section from a Barrister who clearly define the legal scope of the ODT. That is how a board member can be accepted or rejected. Nothing else.

He then disagrees with the Barrister comments and says 'Perhaps he knows more about these things than me, I don't know.' Well, Luke, let me tell you. He does know more than you about these things and you, as a journalist is to report FACT not spout your own no-nothing-opinions.

Ridiculous.

He then poses fatuous questions, answers them then says that the answer may not be the case?

Follows on by apologising to those who's mental health may have been affected by the whole thing when he and his ilk are the ones heaping stress and anxiety on to those who are adversely affected psychologically by constantly printing garbage baseless, factless articles to pocket a few extra quid.

Hypocrite.

They are all the same. Last night loads of headlines stating new danger to takeover but when you read them its all about the same sh!te from last week. Cant remeber which one I read but it said WTO have concrete proof of Saudi involvement in piracy case but then later on said the WTO report is expected to conclude that Saudi government did not try hard enough to stop it. I am now at the point where I am ignoring everything until it has been announced.
    The chronic has been the worst for NUFC coverage for years now and has been on my ignore list for a while now

I'm reading nothing at this point pretty much.

The ocassional article that someone posts on here on on FB but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...manda-18419773

Revisited: takeover podcast.

This guy talks a lot of nonsense about the takeover.

They have a section from a Barrister who clearly define the legal scope of the ODT. That is how a board member can be accepted or rejected. Nothing else.

He then disagrees with the Barrister comments and says 'Perhaps he knows more about these things than me, I don't know.' Well, Luke, let me tell you. He does know more than you about these things and you, as a journalist is to report FACT not spout your own no-nothing-opinions.

Ridiculous.

He then poses fatuous questions, answers them then says that the answer may not be the case?

Follows on by apologising to those who's mental health may have been affected by the whole thing when he and his ilk are the ones heaping stress and anxiety on to those who are adversely affected psychologically by constantly printing garbage baseless, factless articles to pocket a few extra quid.

Hypocrite.
    The problem with Luke Edwards, and many more like him, is that he can't decide whether to be decisive or indecisive. What a dilemma to be in.

Most journos are the same, they look at a story and decide which angle will be most controversial regardless of the facts and the truth and then go ahead and pump it out for figures and attention until it suits them to support the reverse argument.

Reminds me of our illustrious "Prime Minister" who when licking up to David Cameron a few years ago for a senior cabinet post declared himself to be a staunch remainer.

Oh how many gullible people were duped

The only thing you can say in his defence is that he would be slightly more preferable than Corbyn.

As with journos what a terrible choice to have to make.

Last night news was saying takeover is in danger, Read on it said the Premier league will force Saudi Arabia to stop pirating games, different sports in exchange for them buying Nufc.

I'm guessing that we might have some news tomorrow given that the WTO report becomes official then?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I'm guessing that we might have some news tomorrow given that the WTO report becomes official then?
    Is it tomorrow it is released to the public?

Im sure i read that the FA and Prem had already been given the report a few weeks ago so there wont be anything new for them

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    Is it tomorrow it is released to the public?

Im sure i read that the FA and Prem had already been given the report a few weeks ago so there wont be anything new for them
    Aye, they've had it a while but the suggestion was they wouldn't make a decision until the report was made official.

Tomorrow could be a watershed moment in our history.

I can't take it if Ashley's fat @rse is still at St James

Quote Originally Posted by stavtoon View Post
    I can't take it if Ashley's fat @rse is still at St James
    Well, no, definitely not but, if they turn it down, I'll have possibly an even bigger problem with the Premier League.

I'm not sure where I'll stand (as in how I'll feel) about watching the Premier League if they knock us back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)