+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall away. Thoughts.

A reduction if anything, having to pay my fees! Actually I don't think it will happen as its a bit too full time to sit alongside my existing work

To me this will be like a local match at the racecourse but with a smaller crowd! I still think it should have been null and void as it's just impossible to play matches why this Virus is still about! I can't take any of these games as being a proper match! I'll be waiting for next season if it happens!

Apparantly Marriott has had a minor op for his groin injury... installed a stairlift maybe?

They'll need to install something for him. How else will he do the kneel?

He'll kneel again, don't know where, don't know when........................

Damn. I was going to say that

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    That would mean for me that Sibley would drop back to the bench. I believe Rowett would get his players to wind Sibs up and wouldn't last long before seeing red. Knight in for him
    Well, erm, thankfully you're not in charge of selection.

I think he wound them up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Well, erm, thankfully you're not in charge of selection.
    Yes, but at least I have an opinion on selection and I'm not afraid to put it out there........... unlike some folk who prefer to simply extract the urine.

The match.

Ring rusty? definitely.

Lots of composure and it will only get better. Caught in possession too ofyen. Too many passes that didn't reach their intended target. All things that will improve so I'm not going to hammer players for being no more than ring rusty.

I got the Sibs issue completely wrong. Still, they say the man who never made a mistake, never made anything.

Hamer earned his corn.
    Bogle got better once he got up to speed.
    Wisdom was rusty but got away with his few errors and will get better
    Clarke was good
    Forsyth in there for his height but when a giant such as Smith is keeping you on the ground you don't have a chance
    Bird was invisible for a while but that's often the way with good players
    Rooney needs a couple of games to get back into things
    Lawro not the effective player he was pre lockdown but was good
    Sibley once, twice, three times a player. MOTM. Might have had 6
    Holmes another not really at the races today
    Waggy - read Holmes

It was most definitely a penalty when Knight was brought down.

'Wall were very good at nicking 20 yards at throw-ins. That one, for instance, when Smith ran onto it and lobbed his chance over the bar. The ball went out of play in their half yet they took the throw 15 to 20 yards inside our half. If that had gone in and counted I'd have been right dischuffed with the ref. Half a dozen other occasions when they extracted the urine at throws yet only got pulled back just the once.

As for the result. Delighted with an away win in that there London considering how we've done down there in our previous games there this season.

There was a lot to like in that display. The errors will recede as they get more game time. The interchanges will further improve. Just a 3 point gap to the playoffs now but, on the other hand, we still have to pass 6 teams to get there. It won't be easy but it's not impossible. Take it a game at a time and see how it unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    The media? Hyping things? Surely not, what are you suggesting rA?

Just to be tangential for a moment, apologies to MA for going off topic, I have been offered some short term work in local schools. Do you think I should take the work from a safety perspective! Very much boot on the other foot to earlier thread! I suppose it depends how much its worth . How much to sell ones soul for

Go, schools are one of the safest places to work in if one looks at the statistics and evidence, the young are not on available evidence spreaders or at risk, few adults to encounter and you can easily social distance. So can't see the issue!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)