+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 128 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts legal action

Am I right in thinking that the arbitration panel does not represent the SFA but is merely arranged by them? If so, then this whole issue is still in the hands of legal people, not the footballing authorities.
    Even if they are presented with all evidence, written or otherwise, on what the SPFL Board decided via its rules and voting procedures and find that nothing untoward occurred, can they still decide that in their view a different outcome would be preferable? If this is the case then I'm even more worried at the prospect of us not getting promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Skolcorner View Post
    Am I right in thinking that the arbitration panel does not represent the SFA but is merely arranged by them? If so, then this whole issue is still in the hands of legal people, not the footballing authorities.
    Even if they are presented with all evidence, written or otherwise, on what the SPFL Board decided via its rules and voting procedures and find that nothing untoward occurred, can they still decide that in their view a different outcome would be preferable? If this is the case then I'm even more worried at the prospect of us not getting promoted.
    It could be that or it could be a judgement on whether the SPFL broke it's own rules, the latter more likely IMHO. I guess we'll see soon.

Apparently the SFA panel can still impose all of the options Hearts were looking for. And it's also not subject to appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Apparently the SFA panel can still impose all of the options Hearts were looking for. And it's also not subject to appeal
    Surely it could still go to the court of arbitration for sport?

https://www.tas-cas.org/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53291719

See the last paragraph, hope I've done this correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53291719

See the last paragraph, hope I've done this correctly
    I think there is a pretty good argument that these are exceptional circumstances though...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think there is a pretty good argument that these are exceptional circumstances though...
    aye - as long as murdo mcleod aint on the panel

Bar the big four of LaLiga, Bundesliga, EPL and Serie A (and possibly Portugal), pretty well every other league in Europe have called their Leagues as they stood with no Null and Voiding going on. So it’s not like we are an outlier here in all this. And the only reason the big leagues cracked on was that they had the money to organise the testing and management that was necessary to do it. So basically they can argue over the semantics of it, but how Hearts and Thistle can argue over the basic principle of calling the leagues I don’t know. I can’t think of any precedent elsewhere they can use against it. And that now includes France as we’ve seen recently.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Bar the big four of LaLiga, Bundesliga, EPL and Serie A (and possibly Portugal), pretty well every other league in Europe have called their Leagues as they stood with no Null and Voiding going on. So it’s not like we are an outlier here in all this. And the only reason the big leagues cracked on was that they had the money to organise the testing and management that was necessary to do it. So basically they can argue over the semantics of it, but how Hearts and Thistle can argue over the basic principle of calling the leagues I don’t know. I can’t think of any precedent elsewhere they can use against it. And that now includes France as we’ve seen recently.
    exactly but would be like scotland to **** it up eh!

My understanding of arbitration, which might be wrong, is to find some middle ground to suit both parties.
    In this case compensation to Hearts and Partick who remain relegated.
    The QC’s do not represent either of the parties but are there to make a decision based on the facts.
    They are all on the SFA list so we can hope they will favour the SPFL but not guaranteed.
    Worst case is that they agree with Hearts and we stay in the Championship.
    And there is no appeal.

Page 50 of 128 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)