+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 65 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts legal action

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    A 13 team league would be a bit of a nightmare. There would always be one team with a free week.
    Yes Hearts

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Enjoyed that James. Thanks
    Yeh, the Killie fan spoke well and came across knowing what the actual phuck is going on. When he stripped back the Jambos spin on Lord Clarke’s decisions in actual fact they had achieved nothing that the SPFL hadn’t already wanted or planned for in the first place. All they ‘won’ was that the vote documentation has to be available in the arbitration case. Given that has already been made to available to an independent auditor (Deloittes) and seen to be above board, I really don’t see from that what Hearts and Thistle are actually trying to achieve here. There is no danger our promotion is getting reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Yeh, the Killie fan spoke well and came across knowing what the actual phuck is going on. When he stripped back the Jambos spin on Lord Clarke’s decisions in actual fact they had achieved nothing that the SPFL hadn’t already wanted or planned for in the first place. All they ‘won’ was that the vote documentation has to be available in the arbitration case. Given that has already been made to available to an independent auditor (Deloittes) and seen to be above board, I really don’t see from that what Hearts and Thistle are actually trying to achieve here. There is no danger our promotion is getting reversed.
    I sincerely hope you're right pal. One thing that keeps me relatively at peace, is that I cannot see the panel giving Hearts the carefully selected outcome they have asked for. Ie. No promotion and relegation but titles to stand and European places not affected, if the vote is found to be flawed, which is basically their case, then the whole shabang has to be voided not just the parts that suit. And I just don't see that happening as it will not sit well in Glasgow. The panel members won't be anonymous for long and the death threats will be flying in.

Clubs who were challenging for Europe voted to curtail, clubs challenging for play offs voted to curtail,
    Clubs who on paper had easier run ins which may have meant more points, higher finishing position voted to curtail.

Stopping promotion means unfairly demoting a club to a division they shouldn't be in, something Hertz themselves are arguing against.

Promotion has to happen regardless of which way this goes

I think they know our promotion won't be reversed and knew they were still going to go doon right from the start. Their sole aim imo was to get the compo but they had to try and fight for their top league status to achieve the compo as second prize and also make it look like to their fans like they are fighting their corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I think they know our promotion won't be reversed and knew they were still going to go doon right from the start. Their sole aim imo was to get the compo but they had to try and fight for their top league status to achieve the compo as second prize ans also make it look to their fans like they are fighting their corner.
    Would agree with this. But their obsession is with the SPFL ‘documents’ and the presence of a ‘smoking gun’. They seem convinced that there are going to be some magical revelations from these which are going to make a dramatic difference. The ability to have these available was what they trumpeted as their ‘victory’ last week and they somehow managed to spin that they swept the board with their legal case. Nothing could be further from the truth - everything else they were asking for last week got kicked into touch, most notably that as opposed to the SPFL, Hearts and Thistle wanted the case to proceed in a court of law, not an SFA arbitration panel which is what the SPFL specifically asked for.

So they are hinging their case on the SPFL ‘documents’ which have already been externally scrutinised and audited by Deloittes and found to be fine and which have also survived The Rangers’ ‘smoking gun’ dossier which revealed,er, phuck all actually. Ignore Kickback and Tom English, it feels it can put you into a hypnotic trance where you start to believe anything they say. I think compo, and nowhere near what they’re looking for at that, is the likely outcome if anything at all that is.

Hopefully they do see through the inherent hypocrisy in Hearts argument of enforcing demotion of champions over relegating those who had earned it to that stage.

I do wonder whether there will be more to come though. The actions of two SPFL member clubs have directly negatively impacted on the operations of us, Raith and Cove. Not only is that a financial impact but also a sporting impact as we currently cant compete on an equal field with our opponents as we live with this uncertainty.

Personally think a degree of compensation is likely to sweeten relegation, but hope there is a fine imposed too.

What doesn't seem to get mentioned a lot is the FACT that Ann Budge, four years ago, stated that there were far too many teams in Scottish football. She wanted half the number, which would be twenty one clubs.
    Fast forward and all of a sudden she wants to add two teams to save her arse. You couldn't make it up.
    Sporting Integrity my arse. Incidentally, thought it was funny when Hearts/Partick tried to use SPORTING integrity as part of their legal argument to go to court, stating it's not about football, it's about business.

I think some of us are reading kickback and listening to Tom 'It's Grotesquely Unfair' English and getting sucked into a reality distortion field. Have a listen to this and I would suggest that you'll reassess Budge's chances significantly...............

http://terracepodcast.net/to-arbitration-they-must-go/
    Good listen. Thanks for that mate. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    Sporting Integrity my arse. Incidentally, thought it was funny when Hearts/Partick tried to use SPORTING integrity as part of their legal argument to go to court, stating it's not about football, it's about business.
    On that Terrace podcast, the Killie guy detailed how Lord Clarke specifically called out Hearts and Thistle on that matter in that they were presenting their case as a ‘business’ issue in order to get it seen through a court of law in order to bypass the SFA, while conversely at the same time using ‘sporting integrity’ in their legal presentation. Lord Clarke rightly pointed out this and actually used that in his summary as to why it actually needed to go back to the football authorities and not a court of law as Hearts counsel himself had highlighted that this was a ‘sporting’ issue rather than ‘business’ issue. Basically Hearts/Thistle totally shot themselves in the foot by trying to have their cake and eat it.

Page 65 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)