+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 72 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts legal action

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Ok see what your saying... .what was the actual charge... if that's what it was... against the 3 clubs?
    Ok understand yer apathy bit it will cost yer club 200k mate. Just sit and wait though ffs

Put simply it's not a charge, it's to challenge Hearts and Thistle, who want relegation cancelled and promotions blocked.
    All 3 promoted clubs felt they were better served attending to do this as all 3 believe the chance of promotion being stopped is 50/50, the defence costs are one major downside hence the appeal for donations.
    The clubs feel strongly that attending in person gives them a better chance

Beggars Belief

Is this the same Hearts that were struggling to pay wages? But could find compensation for a manager....
    https://donateaticket.com/donate/foundation-of-hearts/

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Put simply it's not a charge, it's to challenge Hearts and Thistle, who want relegation cancelled and promotions blocked.
    All 3 promoted clubs felt they were better served attending to do this as all 3 believe the chance of promotion being stopped is 50/50, the defence costs are one major downside hence the appeal for donations.
    The clubs feel strongly that attending in person gives them a better chance
    For the original court case though we had to attend and hire a QC,we had no choice,we were summoned so to speak.

Ok see what your saying... .what was the actual charge... if that's what it was... against the 3 clubs?
    A J has explained the rest Peter.The SFA arbitration hearing we do not actually need to attend but Hearts and Partick are and they will be represented by their QC again.

Its got to be a level playing field mate,we would be making a massive mistake if we never hired our QC again and never turned up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Ok understand yer apathy bit it will cost yer club 200k mate. Just sit and wait though ffs
    I've never actually read the case but AJ and GB explanation makes sense...no sure what you're saying...why would DFC have to pay £200k... we'll need our buckets back when your begging is complete 😃👍

I've never actually read the case but AJ and GB explanation makes sense...no sure what you're saying...why would DFC have to pay £200k... we'll need our buckets back when your begging is complete 😃👍
    Peter, as i see it and as the SPFL are essentially the clubs, the 40 clubs remaining need to find the money for the legal fees(unless the 3 named are exempted?), or the money to pay HnP their compo.

I just wonder how many people in Scottish football actually realize that?

Chick is correct but Hearts and Partick being part of the 42 clubs are effectively taking themselves on in the arbitration process as well.The bills for the SPFL legal team will be paid for by ALL 42 club's.

If Hearts and Partick win their compensation demands in full all 42 clubs will have to pay out the full ten million to them.Interesting to hear Neilson on Radio Scotland today saying Hearts have NOT returned to training yet.

I could well be wrong Peter but that suggests to me that they don't think they will play in the Premiership next season but are very hopeful they will be taking you on with an extra £8,000,000 in Fudgie's handbag.

In my opinion that's the reason that you and the boys nextdoor backed the charity walk,it was a magnificent gesture from the Dee support but it will help your club if we win our arbitration case and she leaves the building with no compo and a massive legal bill,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Chick is correct but Hearts and Partick being part of the 42 clubs are effectively taking themselves on in the arbitration process as well.The bills for the SPFL legal team will be paid for by ALL 42 club's.

If Hearts and Partick win their compensation demands in full all 42 clubs will have to pay out the full ten million to them.Interesting to hear Neilson on Radio Scotland today saying Hearts have NOT returned to training yet.

I could well be wrong Peter but that suggests to me that they don't think they will play in the Premiership next season but are very hopeful they will be taking you on with an extra £8,000,000 in Fudgie's handbag.

In my opinion that's the reason that you and the boys nextdoor backed the charity walk,it was a magnificent gesture from the Dee support but it will help your club if we win our arbitration case and she leaves the building with no compo and a massive legal bill,FACT.
    Can’t see Hearts and Partick leaving with no compo, but it’s not gonna be anything like £10m, more likely to be a few hundred thousand at very most with everyone picking up their own expenses. The headline will read something like ‘Hearts and Partick agree to undisclosed compensation’ this way everyone comes out of it in their own eyes as a winner.

Tbh i will make you buckets for this. I will try and make sure no club is fvcked over bu chuckies bride and some bint from maryhill. Dundee would lose circa 200k in prize money/tv money if they win. Hence why we are challenging.

Does no one else see this?? Ok yes we are fighting for out promotion after being dragged into it but jesus we asked for help because of the 10 million. Can you trust spfl? No thats why we are leading this.

Hope all good Peter!

Page 72 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)