+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Contracts Signed

Surely, it must be near time for feedback from Adebisi and Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Wouldn’t you turn us down for several times as much money?
    That would depend. I started life in a professional career. I could have earned twice as much labouring. I decided though that with the right help and training I would in time increase my salary beyond a labourers

I would like to know how many ex loanees have gone onto much better things since turning us down

That is not a like for like comparison. Of course if a footballer can earn 2-3 tmes salary with another club to also play football he would be daft not to accept it.

If Cooke is still playing at the same standard I would gladly accept his return.

He also joined a club in Peterborough that enjoys a reputation for improving players (such as Assombalonga) and selling them on to bigger clubs for a profit.... much as the Alex do. But then it doesn’t always work out - ask Cooper - just as it doesn’t with us - ask Inman.

Any rumours/gossip/ hints/ about the 3 non-signers?

So, Porter signs. "Initially" for one year. Now, what about the other two?

Dave doing his business early again.... now for that CB.....

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So, Porter signs. "Initially" for one year. Now, what about the other two?
    Throughout the report they keep stressing "an initial one year extension" - which suggests there's a further extension clause based on goals or appearances he can trigger, which may have been what the negotiations were about, but at 36 we're protected against him falling off. Great news anyway! I see Jonah was definitely at the awards party too, Ports must have signed when he came in for that, so they'll have been able to talk direct to the others too.

According to Graham McGarry on twitter he is expecting Jonah to leave

https://twitter.com/GMcGarrySport/st...636929025?s=20

Has Adebisi signed? I won't be surprised if Jones leaves, but it will be disappointing if he goes to another League One club.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast