+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contracts Signed

If he's heading for Gillingham, then good luck to him, he'll need it.

A strange choice for Jones, though it must be for the money. Definitely not for the scenery and the Chairman.

And the Chairman is better than the odious criminal who currently manages them!

They're now saying Lincoln favourites

Better move for him, although I’d rather he stayed.

Actually I'm pleased that Jones is leaving he has never fulfilled his potential, he had to decent games at the end of this shortened season and that was it. He spent a large part of previous 2 seasons injured and we now have better. Wintle, Lowery, Ainley, Dale, Finney, not quite sure where Jones fits in. At Lincoln who are now favourites to sign him he will get more money no doubt and he might get to play a few more games. At Crewe he wpuld spend a lot of time warming the bench and could cover for injuries etc. This is probably the best news for both parties. I wish him well until he plays against us. As one of the higher paid players the money would be better used elsewhere.

A bit surprised that Adebisi has not signed yet and he has become a more important player with interest being shown in Pickering don't want to lose both of our left backs. I hope I'm wrong about Pickering but watch this space.

Sorry but its NOT the best move for us. Jones has to look after himself, of course,but if every player took the same course of action, the club would very quickly cease to exist. None of us expect Kirky to still be here in 2 years time, but he's signed a new deal to protect the club and ensure we get a return to protect our future.
    As forJones, well the greedy wont worry about everyone who's helped him get where he is. Tbh, another Max Clayton in the making.....

O/S just now: Crewe Alexandra can this afternoon confirm that midfielder James Jones has left the Football Club.

The 24-year-old has turned down the offer of a new deal at Gresty Road and has today completed a move to fellow League One side Lincoln City.

Jones made over 150 league appearances for Crewe since making his debut in the 2014/15 season at Crawley.

The academy graduate scored 21 goals in a Crewe shirt the last of those came in the 2-1 win for the Alex over Oldham back in January.

Everybody at Crewe Alexandra would like to wish Jones all the best with his move to Sincil Bank.
    Last edited by ShropshireAlex; 06-07-2020 at 06:01 PM. Reason: typo

Would have preferred we had obtained a fee for him given the investment by the club in Jones. Whilst his departure will ease the pressure on the wage bill, we will need to look for another midfielder. Doubtless DA and KL had already identified a replacement.

Not sure why Adebisi has not yet signed. Hopefully not due to delusions of grandeur from a player who only made his first team debut this season.

For me I am sorry to see Jones leave. Yes he wnt through a long patch where he was absolutely dreadul. Seemed like he had lost the plot and his confidence.

But when he returned to the team he was a completely different player. He fitted into our midfield immediately. Our team was better balanced. Gave Ng the ability to once again show what an excellent attacking wingback he is, something he was unable to do in our first 18 games. Jones also offered more protection to our centrebacks. For the last 18 games it made life for our centrebacks easier. Wintle and Jones closed down most of our opponents attacking moves, leaving the centreback only the scraps to clean up. Probably made them look better than they actually were. Contrary to some popular belief in our last 18 games our points total was actually better and our goal diff. was an improvement. I know that in the area I sit the general opinion was that our football before the lockdown was our most entertaining.

In the next season I think he would have been an impotant part of the team, and would not have been sitting on the bench for most of our games. Feel it is essential to replace him with another player who has the same qualities.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast