+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Contracts Signed

Contracts Signed

O/S: Crewe Alex are delighted to announce the following players have agreed extensions on their current deals and two second-year-scholars have put pen-to-paper on professional deals.

Contract Extensions:

Will Jaaskelainen: Two-year-deal

Travis Johnson: One-year-deal

Regan Griffiths: One-year-deal

David Richards: Two-year-deal

Professional Contracts:

Tyreece Onyeka: One-year-deal

Nathan Woodthorpe: One-year-deal

So both current keepers tied down. Will wasn't on the retained list offers so this must be an extension (on better terms) Just leaves Rio Adebisi, Chris Porter & the interesting one, James Jones, plus the last new pro, Joe Robbins.

Right - James Jones hasn't responded to a call - we've been here before! - and Chris Porter's declined our first offer, but DA feels confident enough to say he'd like to stay with us. Must have got some room for manouevre in their negotiations to say that?

Porter is a crucial on to retain and he probably knows that. We haven't got anyone to take his place and the possibility of finding someone else is risky. I would like Jonah to sign a 2 year contract and make a move up after that. I' m sure as a free agent he can go somewhere and up his earnings but he might come to a career dead-end that way. Not sure what's going through Adebisi's mind unless it's the length of contract on offer (Travis has signed a one year deal). So lots of work to do but possibly 3 months in which to do it.

DA said Rio was particularly upset about his friend Christian Mbulu, so he's giving him some space.

I think Porter is holding out for a two year deal and I hope he signs. Can understand Adebisi being given space, but he will need to take a decision soon. As for Jones, he has slowly started to return to form, but could do with a decent season in League One to ensure clubs take notice of him again. A two year deal sounds right.

The outstanding question is who should we sign? A CH, at least one midfielder and a couple of forwards seem appropriate unless we lose any more of the current squad

CH and a forward (or 2 depending on Ports) definitely. Not sure we need another midfielder, especially if Jonah signs on the dotted line. Mind you, Peterborough released Callum Cooke a couple of weeks ago ...
    Last edited by AstonAlex; 24-06-2020 at 11:13 AM.

i'd go for Callum Cooke but we defo need a centre forward regardless of whether Ports signs (so two if he doesn't!). We clearly also need a CH. I assume Adebisi will sign. Beware his agent if he doesn't.

I would certainly support Callum Cooke re-joining the club.

Cooke...…..no way. He had his chance but turned us down

Wouldn’t you turn us down for several times as much money?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast