+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hearts and Partick.....

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Too much in the way of common sense for this to get off the ground Francis. It's all about money and the more home games teams play against the Old Firm the more seasonal cash income they take in therefore the drive is to keep the SPL at 10 ensuring at least two games a season against them and anything else is a non starter as it cost them money in the long term. Same applies to any TV deal which is essential for the big boys if they want to attract a decent level of player to Scottish football. This obviously doesn't apply to the lower leagues such as the championship and restructuring is desperately needed to freshen the game in general to excite the supporters but as to what permutation that would take is still a matter of debate but the more the merrier as far as I am concerned.

yep spike scottish football is going to go pop like a balloon in the near future unless theres some give and less take ,there is another way to possibly go to stop clubs relying heavily on sky ,thay could restructure tthe leagues, leagues of 18 sell rights to multiple tv companies ,foreign and domestic companies effectively rebranding scottish football to a global level and taking away the clubs cash fears on reconstruction .surely we can get cash offers to screen games from more than sky who demand 4 old firm league matches .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    yep spike scottish football is going to go pop like a balloon in the near future unless theres some give and less take ,there is another way to possibly go to stop clubs relying heavily on sky ,thay could restructure tthe leagues, leagues of 18 sell rights to multiple tv companies ,foreign and domestic companies effectively rebranding scottish football to a global level and taking away the clubs cash fears on reconstruction .surely we can get cash offers to screen games from more than sky who demand 4 old firm league matches .
    Good God Francis, - I'm really beginning to agree with you over this.

Not sure that we can get foreign TV companies on board, - but Scottish football is going to pop unless we work together.

Despite Sky's dominance thy still could be our saviour?

Without sounding like a 'bleating heart', we need to reinvent ourselves in Scotland and work harder to promote 'grass roots' and do more for the local communities.

I know I'm preaching to a brick wall, - but if young Rashford can persuade old Boris to change his tune the timing is right for a complete change of tune.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Good God Francis, - I'm really beginning to agree with you over this.

Not sure that we can get foreign TV companies on board, - but Scottish football is going to pop unless we work together.

Despite Sky's dominance thy still could be our saviour?

Without sounding like a 'bleating heart', we need to reinvent ourselves in Scotland and work harder to promote 'grass roots' and do more for the local communities.

I know I'm preaching to a brick wall, - but if young Rashford can persuade old Boris to change his tune the timing is right for a complete change of tune.

jardi where its went wrong on the producing of scottish players is defo as a result of the grass roots being killed off ,when i grew up every school had a football team ,i played for locharbriggs primary in a league of 14 schools from our region ,no primary schools leagues nowadays ,also secondary school i played for the highschool that was also quite a big league ,no secondary school leagues either in region ,thats where the sfa need to start ,sfa and the scottish government need to set up a network of school leagues again that way it will in time increase the class of scottish players that come through to see us once again getting to european finals like the great aberdeen and dundee united teams of the 80s .full of scotsmen ,not forgetting the celtic side of 67 that had every player within a 5 mile radius of celtic park all knowing and played against eachother in school days .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 21-06-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Now that Hearts have poached the Dundee Utd manager Neilson surely any court case where they are trying to stop Utd's promotion will be seen as a conflict of interest and will be thrown out of court. You couldn't write this sort of material as it would dismissed as too mythical for anyone to take seriously? Hearts are in danger of being outcast by the rest of Scottish Football with this contempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    jardi where its went wrong on the producing of scottish players is defo as a result of the grass roots being killed off ,when i grew up every school had a football team ,i played for locharbriggs primary in a league of 14 schools from our region ,no primary schools leagues nowadays ,also secondary school i played for the highschool that was also quite a big league ,no secondary school leagues either in region ,thats where the sfa need to start ,sfa and the scottish government need to set up a network of school leagues again that way it will in time increase the class of scottish players that come through to see us once again getting to european finals like the great aberdeen and dundee united teams of the 80s .full of scotsmen ,not forgetting the celtic side of 67 that had every player within a 5 mile radius of celtic park all knowing and played against eachother in school days .
    I was the same in that every free waking hour I was out playing football until you couldn't see the ball due to failing light. Reality is that these days are well gone and they will never return as society has become too soft as there are easier less strenuous options involving technology/screens which seemingly is much more attractive to most of the youth of today. Bobby Lennox was the exception for the Celtic side coming from Largs.

Neilson leaving the Championsip winners Dundee United for relegated (at this moment in time) Hearts while the clubs are involved in court cases is unbelievable but just another day in the life of the chaotic mess Scottish football currently finds itself in ! !

Does anyone like Northern Irish football?

Well that’s the level Scottish fitba will at in a couple of years time, unless something changes soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    Does anyone like Northern Irish football?

Well that’s the level Scottish fitba will at in a couple of years time, unless something changes soon!
    Truthurts- you are bang on.

As for Hearts poaching the Dundee Utd manager, - that is quite unbelievable and any sympathy I had for them has evaporated, which will inevitably affect their court case...……..are they (the BOD) really that stupid? Thy might have had a slim chance of succeeding, - but claiming £8 million and threatening Dundee Utd's genuine promotion, but then stealing their manager is more ridiculous than a children's novel!

Does Neilson not remember the last time he was in charge at Hearts some fans spent money to hire a plane and flew over Tynecastle trailing a banner saying :- NO STYLE, NO BOTTLE, NEILSON OUT !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Does Neilson not remember the last time he was in charge at Hearts some fans spent money to hire a plane and flew over Tynecastle trailing a banner saying :- NO STYLE, NO BOTTLE, NEILSON OUT !
    I think it will be a big difference with Levin no longer there. From the sounds of it he was very limited to what he could do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)