+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play-offs

Play-offs

Just a little question. Who would you like to go up through the play-offs. You could say you don't care but i'd rather you just ignore it if that's how you see it. For those who wish a little dalliance on the topic: I'm going for Exeter. Northampton in particular and Colchester have the evil eye over us. Cheltenham.... Nah! Been there, done that! Exeter have also been up there all season and in our 'absence' 😃, they deserve it.
    What do you think?

I certainly think Exeter deserve it for last 2 seasons - form is nothing now of course so even more of a lottery than usual.

Well certainly not on the 1st leg.

For me Cheltenham were the best of the four teams. Played some nic football.

Exeter

Exeter, if only because I spent my post grad year there and spent many a happy Saturday afternoon freezing my bits off on the home terrace!

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    well certainly not on the 1st leg.
    No! Ha ha - not a shot on target. (Actually typical early season form in effect.)

Exeter for me as SJP is still a ground I havn't been to.

So Exeter to turn it round in the second leg? If not, Cheltenham for me.

Not sure why, but I have had an illogical dislike of Cheltenham since they were promoted to the Football League. I was rooting for Northampton in the second leg and pleased to see Vadaine Oliver play well. Listening to the Cheltenham chairman droning on how their manager was the best in the division, it was amusing to see their manager spend much of the second leg standing helplessly. Not fussed about who wins the final. Exeter have been close for a few seasons and probably deserve promotion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast