+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Admin 3

Somethings not right though, Nelms states:-

optimists think the stands can be filled in October. Others say it is likely to be in 2021. Either way there has been, and there will continue to be, a significant and unsustainable stress on the club’s finances.

Holly pluck! Stands can be filled?? Has he been in attendance at any of the games at dens over the past few years! Even trump couldn’t put a positive spin on this.

The fun comedy gold 😂

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Oh well, at least they'll always have the Doon Derby.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    "Sit on my knee laddie while I tell you the story about the Doon Derby"

"Ok granpa. Did we win anything?"

"No but we got to see United relegated"

"Granpa I like you but I think you're a loser"

"Can I go out and play now?"

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    "Sit on my knee laddie while I tell you the story about the Doon Derby"

"Ok granpa. Did we win anything?"

"No but we got to see United relegated"

"Granpa I like you but I think you're a loser"

"Can I go out and play now?"
    😂😂😂

From time to time i read the Dark Blues Forum to be truthful its a very good site.I know that some of their posters will be glorying in their bigger cousins trying to get our promotion reversed.

I however do not wish another ADMIN event on the Dees as they have not brought any of this on themselves.I also think there has been a bit of dignity from them and Ayr regarding the play off's being cancelled(phuck Percy and ICT).

It is also not acceptable that they have to wait until October before their season start's.I think Scottish football needs to take a long hard look at itself and i would start with no part-time teams or plastic pitches being allowed in our top two league's.

A part-time team should be granted promotion but they must then go full-time for the following season or stay in League 1.Plastic pitches should never be acceptable in our top two leagues either,it gives the home team too much of an advantage and too many players paid a lot of money refuse to play on them.

That's so unfair on Arbroath who did so well as a P/T club. Don't think on their crowds they'd ever have the resources to go full time. Many clubs in the same boat. You'd end up with clubs not wanting to win promotion. How would that be good for our game?

Quote Originally Posted by GFLower View Post
    That's so unfair on Arbroath who did so well as a P/T club. Don't think on their crowds they'd ever have the resources to go full time. Many clubs in the same boat. You'd end up with clubs not wanting to win promotion. How would that be good for our game?
    If part-time teams are willing to start playing football in August i take my post back,if on the other hand they want to mothball the league so as bigger teams cannot play then they really should not be playing at Championship level.

Can you imagine the outcry in England if teams in their Championship voted for a delay to October before kicking a ball?.Its always the same FN excuses in this country,"We are too wee to do this and too FN wee to do that."

The problem is there are too many professional club's in Scotland,we have nearly 50% the number of the English with only 10% of the population.Not for one minute am i suggesting they should not exist but many of them need to find their level and it is not in our top two league's.

By the way the top two league's in Sweden are up and running and as far as i'm aware they are playing in front of fans.

On a pragmatic (if not a little vulture like) note, is there ANY part of the Dee set up that would benefit United? Players, infrastructure, training facilities, medical etc. If so have a blind cheeky bid made for all the shares, transfer the positive assets to United, close the Dee, build a memorial Dens Park shopping centre or new United educational facility. ie suck them dry if they still have anything to suck....

I’m expecting a similar statement from United very soon. With the way the virus is I’d expect every Scottish team will be suspending their academies as cost cutting measures, it’s going to be very hard for the 10- 18 year olds to be playing in a safe environment over the next year. Costs of staff, testing equipment and admin staff with no match day Income till January will see a lot of people out of jobs in the football industry no one is safe including us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy vine View Post
    I’m expecting a similar statement from United very soon. With the way the virus is I’d expect every Scottish team will be suspending their academies as cost cutting measures, it’s going to be very hard for the 10- 18 year olds to be playing in a safe environment over the next year. Costs of staff, testing equipment and admin staff with no match day Income till January will see a lot of people out of jobs in the football industry no one is safe including us.
    Really positive first ever post 🤔

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)