+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Admin 3

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    But neither have Hearts or Thistle really? Unfairly relegated. We'd feel exactly the same way they do if the shoe was on the other foot and we'd be wanting our chairman to fight tooth & nail to make sure we didn't go down. The fact that this is going to go to an external court ruling is my worry. I don't think they'll give two ****s about makey-up votes & resolutions.
    Yes but they are not makey up votes though. If that was the case then none of the leagues rules and regulations would matter and they could all be ignored or challenged in court. Hearts are not challenging the outcome of the vote, or they would be challenging the declaration of champions, trophies and European places. They simply don't want to accept relegation as part of the deal. They are trying to change the rules, ie. Division winners don't get promotion, and I don't see how a court can uphold that when it's clearly defined in the rule book.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Yes but they are not makey up votes though. If that was the case then none of the leagues rules and regulations would matter and they could all be ignored or challenged in court. Hearts are not challenging the outcome of the vote, or they would be challenging the declaration of champions, trophies and European places. They simply don't want to accept relegation as part of the deal. They are trying to change the rules, ie. Division winners don't get promotion, and I don't see how a court can uphold that when it's clearly defined in the rule book.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    This.
    I ****ing hope so mate 👍

I think we just need to look at the French league to see the power the courts have, especially in Hearts case to avoid relegation. Amiens & Toulouse had their case rejected initially by an administrative court. They then took it even higher to the Supreme Court who ruled in their favour that relegation should not take place. The French League has been told to come up with a reconstruction plan for next season. I honestly cannot see Hearts being relegated by a Court of law. How that affects us, I don't know.

I think we just need to look at the French league to see the power the courts have, especially in Hearts case to avoid relegation. Amiens & Toulouse had their case rejected initially by an administrative court. They then took it even higher to the Supreme Court who ruled in their favour that relegation should not take place. The French League has been told to come up with a reconstruction plan for next season. I honestly cannot see Hearts being relegated by a Court of law. How that affects us, I don't know.
    The French league never had a vote though.

Hearts are not being relegated by a court of law. They are being relegated due to a combination of A. A democratic vote between member clubs which resulted in the league season being curtailed and league positions being decided on average points per game, and B. Being ****ing ****e and finishing bottom.

Hearts are also prepared to see other clubs going to wall to avoid relegation.This is not self interest though its being done for the betterment of Scottish football.

Even based on the decision of the French courts, I'd say worst case scenario would be forced reconstruction as an arbitrary solution. Even this will result in a deep seated resentment of these two clubs that will last a lifetime.

The reconstruction of a 14-10-10-10 should have been passed. It was the fairest and most sensible thing to do. Scottish Fitba doesn't do that though.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    The reconstruction of a 14-10-10-10 should have been passed. It was the fairest and most sensible thing to do. Scottish Fitba doesn't do that though.
    The fairest thing to do was to accept that if you take part in a vote you accept its outcome, I'm sure the option to abstain must have been there?

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)