+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joint statement for United, Raith and Cove

Joint statement for United, Raith and Cove

JOINT STATEMENT FROM DUNDEE UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB, RAITH ROVERS FOOTBALL CLUB AND COVE RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB

On Wednesday Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers were served with a petition lodged in the Court of Session by fellow SPFL member clubs, Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle, which, if successful, could prevent our clubs’ promotions, and potentially have catastrophic financial implications for every SPFL member club as well.

Whilst we are extremely unhappy that we have been drawn into this legal action, we can confirm that we immediately instructed external lawyers to act on our behalf and to protect our clubs’ interests. Since the SPFL resolution was passed by 81% of member clubs on 15th April 2020, which confirmed us all as title winners who were to be promoted, we have undertaken extensive and costly preparations for a new season in new leagues, including obtaining major financial commitments from our supporters, business partners and stakeholders. Our removal from those leagues would be ruinous on and off the field.

We have each had a highly successful season, brought to a premature end by something bigger than our clubs and bigger than our sport. Our status as champions of our respective leagues is not being contested, and nor should the promotion which has always, and should always, come with it.

The legal action that has been raised by Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle not only threatens the financial stability of the SPFL, but also its individual member clubs.

For all of these reasons, we must and will robustly defend our position.

As legal proceedings are now underway, we intend to make no further comment on the matter at this time.

To be dragged into this is nothing short of astonishing. No judge in the world is going to say (or have the power to say) nah hearts unfairly relegated so you cant come up now. its a matter between spfl and hearts not for cove, raith and us to be dragged into. Lets sue hearts and partick after this lol

Its such a pity a club the size of Hearts with huge sums being ploughed into its coffers by the FOH has been so badly run by its chairman Ann Fudge both on and off the field.

The easy way to think is,"If only it was the Accies or ST Mirren in their shoes because they would like Partick never have the financial muscle to go to the court of session."

I have no time whatsoever for the Accies or ST Mirren but they are both better football teams than Hearts although the latter could buy and sell the both of them ten times over.

In the interests of sporting fairness i am glad the wee diddy clubs survived and the massive Heart of Midlothian were correctly relegated,i can only hope the judge sitting in the case thinks the same as i do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    To be dragged into this is nothing short of astonishing. No judge in the world is going to say (or have the power to say) nah hearts unfairly relegated so you cant come up now. its a matter between spfl and hearts not for cove, raith and us to be dragged into. Lets sue hearts and partick after this lol
    I'm pretty sure that if we get denied promotion we will be suing some ****

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    As i have posted previously,the Fudger is claiming that ONE year in the Championship will cost Hearts £8,000,000,call her bluff Mark and offer to save them for that FN price.

To me that is as fair as you can get we get £8,000,000 and save Hearts in the process,i am sure Ann and the money men and women in Edinburgh can make that happen within a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    As i have posted previously,the Fudger is claiming that ONE year in the Championship will cost Hearts £8,000,000,call her bluff Mark and offer to save them for that FN price.

To me that is as fair as you can get we get £8,000,000 and save Hearts in the process,i am sure Ann and the money men and women in Edinburgh can make that happen within a few days.
    Only problem with that is, Ogren might think thanks very much, bag his 8 million and think **** this for a game of soldiers!

I think she is trying to both scare and blackmail Scottish clubs. Once her attempt fails everyone should (but won't) sue her for every penny they have spent in litigation, publicity, meetings and any cost that can be attributed to her charade as well as the potential for lost revenue from brand depreciation internationally, I am sure Mr O would have sold a million jerseys across the USA with a margin of £10 each which will now of course not happen. Basically shaft her.

Then everyone should turn their focus on reforming the SFA, SPFL and whatever Sprefix is in existence to get the game organised. In Scotland the monkey, the monkeys friends, the watchers, and all and sundry are telling and interfering with the organ grinder meaning there is NO authority, NO leadership, NO direction only several troughs to feed the non productive mouths of self ingratiating slobs.

Start 2020-21 soonest under the current cesspit, then 2022-23 have a new single tier authority in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    yes the merry go round would be continued. It wont come to that hearts are angling for money but they have made quite a few enemies along the way. Well lets be honest Budge has.

A wee mole friend of mine (an ex oldco legend - he isnt actually a mole) has said the SFA are away to provide the "wrath of scottish football" onto hearts and thistle if they dont respond appropriately to why they have broke regulations. Secondly, they have done this not once but four times in this court case (cove, utd, spfl and raith) and finally, there is some clause about bringing the scottish fa, spfl and 41 other clubs into disrepute. Whilst SFA are not the league body they have a certain donald finlay and co looking at the legal aspects on the SFA regulations and assisting SPFl, utd, raith and cove.

The hope is that they **** themselves. Knowing Fudge they wont though. Its expected to cases against clubs will be laughed out of court so here is hoping we dont have to get expensive legal involvement. The spfl case though will cost every club potentially 100's thousands as money will be clawed back from league position reward. That should get the backing of one or two other clubs to sit up and take notice.

Truly remarkable the ignorance from Fudge this specific action - dont blame her protecting her club but to harm 3 clubs directly with legal action and all 41 other clubs against clear regulation of spfl and sfa is mind blowing.

Hope both clubs die.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)