+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where’s the mute button!!!!!!!

Where’s the mute button!!!!!!!

Can you imagine watching one of our matches in a spectator less stadium with Tony Pulis in charge,

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Can you imagine watching one of our matches in a spectator less stadium with Tony Pulis in charge,

Could be worse - it could be Darren Moore!

Thank goodness for the mute button, I always use it for MOTD when Jonathan Pearce is the commentator, a mindless shrieking idiot. Sadly, it would appear that he has been coaching the two females who commentate on MOTD, bloody awful. That’s the BBC, though, these days, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Thank goodness for the mute button, I always use it for MOTD when Jonathan Pearce is the commentator, a mindless shrieking idiot. Sadly, it would appear that he has been coaching the two females who commentate on MOTD, bloody awful. That’s the BBC, though, these days, I suppose.
    Jonathan Pearce lives 10 miles from me and he is a nice bloke. Passionate supporter of kids football I've been in a couple of Junior League meetings where he has spoken in a very quiet and reasoned manner which couldn't be more different from his commentating style. Made a good living out of it and gets to see lots of footie. Mindless shrieking idiot he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Jonathan Pearce lives 10 miles from me and he is a nice bloke. Passionate supporter of kids football I've been in a couple of Junior League meetings where he has spoken in a very quiet and reasoned manner which couldn't be more different from his commentating style. Made a good living out of it and gets to see lots of footie. Mindless shrieking idiot he is not.
    Regardless of whether he’s a pillar of the local community I’m with Kets on this one albeit he’s toned it down in the last 30 years because he was totally hyper when he first came through at Channel 5.

Nobody could do commentary like Richie Benaud did in cricket,Dan Maskell at tennis and Brian Moore at football.

Martin Tyler for me is by far the best of the present bunch.

Benaud mastered the art of “saying nothing” as he himself put it.

It doesn’t need 300 words a minute........a quality commentator or interviewer knows exactly when to shut up.

Not enough of today’s media possess this skill.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    He might well be a nice bloke but I can only take a view on how he comes across as a commentator and I’m sorry but I just can stand his style. I will withdraw the ‘idiot’ but he does shriek!

I'm not a great fan of his style either it was just such a contrast to how he was in the couple of hours I spent in his company.

My additions to the list of great commentators Bill McLaren and Peter O'Sullivan

Brian Moore & David Coleman were the best of their era by a country mile IMO for football.

Henry B & Benaud were likewise at Cricket. I really don't think the current crop measure up to these.

In the absence of live footie I've been watching some of the official FIFA World Cup films that Amazon are showing and some of the old stuff world cup stuff on iPlayer. Watched Mexico 86. With the England stuff - Hand of God etc they played the BBC radio commentary by Peter Jones & Brian Butler. Does anyone remember these two? Both top draw and amazing commentary.

Motties commentary on BBC iPlayer Brazil v Italy from Spain 82 was a classic also. Forgot what a dirty World Cup 82 was having also watched the FIFA film. All the hatchet men had license to do what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    Brian Moore & David Coleman were the best of their era by a country mile IMO for football.
    Totally agree with you there.
    Brian Moore in particular had a great voice for commentary......The Big Match if I remember correctly.

Watching the cricket and enjoying the commentary of Ian Bishop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)