+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who would make your playoff starting 11?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Enzio has played more minutes than anyone, he’ll definitely start
    Slocombe
    BrIndley. Lacey. Rawlinson. McCrory

Roberts . Rose. Doyle. Enzio

Wooton. Dennis

Not sure of the formation, but they’re the names.
    That's the team i would go for... all fresh and raring to go, Doyle and Rose if fit should be Ardleys first choice, Lacey and Rawlinson are pure quality and Roberts would walk into any league 1 team... Wooton and Dennis are super effective plus we have lots of back-up on the bench... looking forward to this!!!

Slocombe
    DKE Lacey Rawlinson McRory
    Doyle
    Enzio Rose JOB
    Wootton Thomas

I think Ardley will pack the middle then bring Crawford, Roberts and Dennis on hoping that the opposition are tired.
    It could well be a very hot day and our bench is strong. He did similar away to Barrow and Solihull, the bench won both games after being tight affairs where we could have been overrun if we'd started with adventurous teams.
    All a bit of a guess though. Happened to be driving past the Lane and stopped to watch them train for a few minutes through the railings on Iremonger Road this afternoon. Definitely got the juices flowing and would love to watch the game live in the stadium, no longer believe that as adults we shouldn't be given the choice to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Slocombe
    DKE Lacey Rawlinson McRory
    Doyle
    Enzio Rose JOB
    Wootton Thomas

I think Ardley will pack the middle then bring Crawford, Roberts and Dennis on hoping that the opposition are tired.
    It could well be a very hot day and our bench is strong. He did similar away to Barrow and Solihull, the bench won both games after being tight affairs where we could have been overrun if we'd started with adventurous teams.
    All a bit of a guess though. Happened to be driving past the Lane and stopped to watch them train for a few minutes through the railings on Iremonger Road this afternoon. Definitely got the juices flowing and would love to watch the game live in the stadium, no longer believe that as adults we shouldn't be given the choice to be honest.
    Give people the choice?

Absolute no from me. You are choosing to take the risk that you will catch it, but far more importantly you are choosing to put others at greater risk.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Give people the choice?

Absolute no from me. You are choosing to take the risk that you will catch it, but far more importantly you are choosing to put others at greater risk.
    Fair enough MM but in the absence of a cure when's your magic safe date?

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Fair enough MM but in the absence of a cure when's your magic safe date?
    That's not the point. The question is whether people should be able to have the choice now. When the Govt or league have given the go-ahead, then we should choose whether to go or not. Until then, BCD.

A few of the posts on this thread have suggested some surprising ideas regarding personnel or formations. I don’t think this is the time for experiments. We have a maximum of two games which we must win to get back in the EFL.

I agree with BFP’s selection -
    Slocombe
    Brindley, Rawlinson, Lacey, McCrory
    Roberts, Rose, Doyle, Boldewijn
    Wootton, Dennis

If Booty is fully recovered from injury I would still have reservations about his ability to get around the pitch. He certainly has talent but running seems like it’s hard work for him, so I think it would be a risk to include him.

Noticed Northampton used 5 subs last night which will be a real bonus for us considering the strength in depth we have in our 24 man squad. Mind you it did mean a nervy 7 mins added time when they were trying to hold on to their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Noticed Northampton used 5 subs last night which will be a real bonus for us considering the strength in depth we have in our 24 man squad. Mind you it did mean a nervy 7 mins added time when they were trying to hold on to their advantage.
    There’s so many things to our advantage, I can’t help feeling that we’re going to find some ridiculous way of cocking it up.

Slocombe
    Brindley, Rawlinson,Lacey,McGrory
    Doyle
    Roberts,O'brien,Enzio
    Wootton,Dennis

Interesting thread - we surely have by far the strongest pool of players of the teams involved in the playoffs to choose from, and we’ve already released a load!

I’d expect much would depend on how training goes in the next month (and if they can get any friendlies in) but I’d expect Ardley to go largely with experience on what’ll be a ridiculously high-pressured one-off game after 4 months off. The one hopeful exception to this should be Roberts, who I felt was a key reason behind our form and sudden free-scoring approach before the lockdown.

This is also harsh on Tom Crawford, who was in great form but is still probably fifth choice CM so is unlikely to be involved. Hopefully he’ll get a new deal to continue his improvement.

Other noteworthy thing is that everyone above has Rawlinson and Lacey as their defensive pairing. This is what I’d go with but I wouldn’t be so sure in Ardley’s case - I’d expect Turner to start based on his big-game experience and leadership. Not sure who he’ll drop to make way though.

Good point about the increased amount of subs also - this should work in our favour as there’s strong cover everywhere on the pitch.

Early days but what I’d expect:

Slocombe; Brindley, Rawlinson, Turner, McCrory; Roberts, Rose, Doyle, Boldewijn; Wootton, Thomas.

What I’d go for:

Slocombe; DKE, Rawlinson, Lacey, McCrory; Roberts, O’Brien, Doyle, Boldewijn; Wootton, Dennis.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast