+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fermi Paradox

Fermi Paradox

I have just the two trivial observations to make about the Fermi Paradox.

It is not a paradox, it is a question.
    It is not Fermi's, presumably there have been people posing this question for at least 100 years, maybe 1,000 years.

Let's define a technological civilisation as one that has discovered and put into use radio or its equivalent. Before much longer it has discovered the means to end all life on its planet. On Earth the cost of assembling such devices is getting cheaper such that a tin-pot dictator of a country the size of The Isle Of Man could order the creation of such a device, mostly made from 'innocent' materials. He carries around in his pocket the triggering device. He then gets aids and cancer to an incurable degree. So he makes his mind up that "When I am about to go, we are all going".

This could have happened countless times in 13.8 billion years 'way out there'.

So, that's the F̶e̶r̶m̶i̶ ̶P̶a̶r̶a̶d̶o̶x̶ question answered.

Are you related to Psaw?

I am the Lewis to Psaw's Morse, the Sherlock to Psaw's Mycroft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Les_Patterson View Post
    the Sherlock to Psaw's Mycroft.

There's no way that Psaw would be the second fiddle to somebody else,he's a bit of a alpha male is Frank

I dont know who Mycroft is. As for second fiddle, being second would be an achievement. Being any sort of king bee in this world is a curse. Look at what happens to people who arnt corrupt, twisted, evil, or just wrong. Talking kindergarten common sense gets them fried, crucified, wearing concrete boots, poisoned, shot, or just fired if there lucky.

The paradox is, the smaller you are, the healthier you are. Generally.

Why are Russia and China inherently evil? What is wrong with those people?

Mycroft Holmes is the more clever brother of Sherlock Holmes. He occasionally appears in the stories.

There is a Mycroft Pattison whose real name is John. He owns 49% of Carlisle Glass. Steven owns less than 19%.

Psaw, what do you reckon is the answer to the Fermi Paradox, which is not actually a paradox and was in play long before Fermi posed it.

It is simply a question.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)