+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Line up

Dead Happy with a 3 0 . Positives were we looked fit over all apart from Rose (he looked dis-interested and just not sharp enough). ASM and Miggy were a real handful and if we had a decent striker we could of been well infront before the red card. Happy Joelinton scored and hopefully his confidence will improve (not holding my breath though). So aye pretty happy with that and enjoyed a couple of beers for first time since march.
    Is it just me that thought we should have had pen in first half when Miggy got pulled down? It looked to me as if defender had a hold of his shirt. I was shocked VAR did not even seem to check it

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    Dead Happy with a 3 0 . Positives were we looked fit over all apart from Rose (he looked dis-interested and just not sharp enough). ASM and Miggy were a real handful and if we had a decent striker we could of been well infront before the red card. Happy Joelinton scored and hopefully his confidence will improve (not holding my breath though). So aye pretty happy with that and enjoyed a couple of beers for first time since march.
    Is it just me that thought we should have had pen in first half when Miggy got pulled down? It looked to me as if defender had a hold of his shirt. I was shocked VAR did not even seem to check it
    It could have been a Penalty, for sure. It could have been given, I certainly shouted for it. However Malmoto-man-dem, you seem to be forgetting the golden rule (as I did in the moment), Newcastle United don't get awarded penalties.

One of our players literally has to be shot dead in the box for us to win a pen.

Love the win.

Why do I begrudge praising SB for it though?

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Love the win.

Why do I begrudge praising SB for it though?
    I gave SB credit in the match thread but I know the feeling. Every other match we have won 'in-spite' of SB rather than anything he did in terms of tactical coaching or in game tactical changes.

This match was a credit to the coaching staff for getting the lads into decent shape and giving them the platform to perform as well as they did!

Glad of the 3 points, the performance was great, probably the first league match this season in which we have ran the game. Very enjoyable.

Looking forward to Wednesday and beating Villa.

Roll on the take-over.

....just watched MOTD.

FK. Neville and Murphy talked some shiite.

No context in the stats comparison between Rafa and SB at all.

No mention of our goalscoring prowess at the end of Rafa's reign or the adaption of Rafa's tactics by SB.

SB football is more entertaining. Bollox.

....just watched MOTD.

No mention of our goalscoring prowess at the end of Rafa's reign or the adaption of Rafa's tactics by SB.

Not a great Bruce fan but Rafa had Rondon and Perez,Bruce had Joe Linton.As for no SB tactics he realised Rose was struggling and switched Ritchie to the left to help him out.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Not a great Bruce fan but Rafa had Rondon and Perez,Bruce had Joe Linton.As for no SB tactics he realised Rose was struggling and switched Ritchie to the left to help him out.
    I wouldn't have even started Rose.

Not a fan.

Bruce has the Saint who I think is a better player than Perez who I didn't like.

But you are right about Rondon.

Rose doesn't want to be here - to me that comes across everytime he plays.

....just watched MOTD.

1 game, 3 goals. Only the 2nd league game this season we're scored 3 goals.

There is no way you can say Bruce has done a good job over the course of the whole season. All the stats point to relegation this season.

I posted while back 'Proof that Bruce has fluked the season' (or something like that) which laid out the GXP stats being in the bottom 3 on all metrics.

Rafa's teams start slow but the back end of last season we were playing good football and wining games.

Anyway, the old boys club will keep taking the smashed nosed dinosaur up as they really don't want us to have a world class manager with the fortunes we're about to have access to.

Forget those clowns and their Manc-er-pool bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Rose doesn't want to be here - to me that comes across everytime he plays.
    I think he's here for a holiday and perhaps originally to get into the England squad for the Euros, but now that won't happen he's just waiting to return to Spurs and will probably get sold and have his last "big" contract somewhere. Hasn't impressed for us at all.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)