+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened the first time you took a lover to watch the Millers?

What happened the first time you took a lover to watch the Millers?

Did they ever return?

Were they hooked for life?

Did the relationship end immediately after the match?

Any other humorous anecdotes?

*Please note, my gender neutral categories in the thread header, and praise me. I deliberately made it neutral to facilitate inclusivity.

IBS... We didn’t do “ Lovers” in the 60’s. Occasionally took a bird , one in particular had a crush on goalie Rod... errr help me out someone ? Think he went to Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    IBS... We didn’t do “ Lovers” in the 60’s. Occasionally took a bird , one in particular had a crush on goalie Rod... errr help me out someone ? Think he went to Burnley
    Casper will know

Took her to see us play Bury at home, lost 2-0, she told me I’d got more money than sense!

Fast forward 30 plus years and she’s a 21 year season ticket holder who goes to every away game that’s played on Saturdays.

Rodney Jones, Lincs.

I took my future wife to a game relatively recently, our beating of Rovers in the cup.

She was surprised it was as cold as it was and I think she expected a huge full stadium crowd.

She hasn't been since but to be fair I've not invited her.

The obligatory keeper run up chants had her in stitches though....

How can you take your missis?
    Who is gonna do cooking ironing and cleaning?

Won 3-0 against Charlton at Millmoor in the 80-81 3rd Division Champions season. Also took her the next season to the 4-2 Millmoor defeat against Barnsley and the 4-1 win at Stamford Bridge. She was a WBA fan so must have put up with it for love until we parted ways.

Took a lass to Stoke at home in the early 90s. She saw the masses of Stoke fans from the bridge in Masbrough in the away end and said "**** that" waited for me in the Wilton till the game was over. Finished up marrying her and having 3 kids together, separated 3 years ago. Went to Wembley in 96 and that's the only game she went to with me.

She famously had 2 tickets for the league cup final in 93 for the Owls. I offered to sell them to a Wednesday fan in Club Snooker at Kimberworth 2 hours after the game had finished. He wasnt amused lol but still makes me laugh to this day.

It’s one of the big no-no events

Never take a female to footy, they don’t understand it and they get too giddy (Miles Cholmondley-Warner 1996)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast