+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Neilson

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    They don't have a Pawlett,Connolly or Reynolds thread but there is a Shankland one,i kid you not.
    Shankland's next move will be down south, they are pissing into the wind with that one lol

somethings happened - no way we would have let this happen so quickly given the disgraceful court case. Anyway what else can happen now eh?

I think Wright would have been good for us the year we went down. Stability and making us a stuffy team might have benefited us. It's a no for me now though, his style of football is torture and I genuinely do agree with Carlisle, more negative than the snake whore who just left us.

No sure who I would want in. Seen the Motherwell gaffer mentioned and that would be a decent shout, other than that, no one name that has been mentioned so far excites me.

Be interesting to see how Ogren/Ashgar handle this.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    This one is a strange one.

TBH i didnt really rate Neilson. He played his favourites over form players. Struggled to beat part time teams and made some bizarre tactical changes like when he moved Smith to left back among numerous others in the same game. He always tried to find ways to accomodate Pawlett even though he must have known we were a far worse team with him in it. He dropped Watson for Connolly even though our best partnerships were when Watson was playing. He was given the strongest squad in the league with and absolutely lethal front man and if the rest of the teams in the league werent absolutely awful it may have been a different story.

Whilst the above is true, he did make us better and turned us from a basket case to a team which won the league comfortably and imho I would rather have went up with stability and not with a manager change.

The biggest issue right now is that we could absolutely find many better managers, but at the same time probably far more worse ones and i think that should be the only thing scaring any Utd fan atm. Lets hope we dont find another Laslo
    Your last sentence is 100% correct,most managerial appointments as we all know do not work out.I mean at every club across the world not just our's.
    There is more chance a club will make the wrong appointment rather than the right one.I hope for all our sake's that Tony and the owners get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    somethings happened - no way we would have let this happen so quickly given the disgraceful court case. Anyway what else can happen now eh?
    The Guy might return.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The Guy might return.
    Mare chance of Poch taking the job

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Robbie wanted to speak to Hearts. At that point he was gone, as the owners don't want someone who isn't committed to the cause. I think its that simple tbh.

Another name I'm going to throw in, Jim McInally.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Robbie wanted to speak to Hearts. At that point he was gone, as the owners don't want someone who isn't committed to the cause. I think its that simple tbh.
    Got to respect the owners for that mate

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Tommy wright was actually mentioned with the hearts job yesterday and this was written about him

Working with a budget that was consistently dwarfed by Hearts’ – and most top-flight clubs – he won the Scottish Cup, reached two cup semi-finals, finished fourth three times and in the top six four times.

No brainer for me

hope so...what we need 1st year back up imo

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)