+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 172 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

I'm at complete loss who I'd want brought in but know its got be sooner rather than later. Neilson if he wanted to talk to them f**k off glad you gone then. Levien of 10 years ago yes but now not so sure. Wright will keep us up but what you gonna be watching every week. The Pundit I'm thinking to much here time to lie down if his name came into my head

Pardew - if that is serious it is a definite No.

We do not need a has been or a has never been.

We need a good young manager who is motivated, intelligent and can work successfully within our structure.

For me Jack Ross if available. Otherwise Gary Holt. After that Robinson from Motherwell possibly

Incredible for anyone to think Ross is gonna leave Hibs for us.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Elvis has clearly left the building(thank phuck) as he now has us on the verge of going bust and has went public on a private conversation he had with Neilson in November 2019.
    He needs help that lad.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Not to mention Housite and his 4 favourite centre mids across the middle. Flood, Rankin, Robertson, Armstrong. NAE WIDTH!!!

Was actually Flood Robertson Rankin GMS with Daly and Russell up front and we strolled to 4th in the end playing excellent attacking football with and never say die spirit that we always had under Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Incredible for anyone to think Ross is gonna leave Hibs for us.
    I know WTF no way he's leaving Hibs for us.
    If no Tommy Wright what aboot another ex Jambo John Robertson.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    I know WTF no way he's leaving Hibs for us.
    If no Tommy Wright what aboot another ex Jambo John Robertson.
    I’d prefer John Robertson to Wright to be honest...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    You always had a man crush on Houstie though
    Always will ha ha, with good reason tbf

One of the best managers in our history and one of my favs in my time, that whole six years Houston was here first as assistant then manager was nearly all positive

He done a great job at Falkirk but they kept cutting and cutting the budget every year, would have got Falkirk promoted at any other period as winners, by time we went down and beat them in the play off (despite them finishing above us) they are on the wane but the two seasons before that, he got them to the Scottish Cup final, albeit finished behind Hearts, Hibs and Sevco in league, following season finished second behind Sevco ahead of Hibs on 70pts (more than a few league winners over the years) and beat hibs in the playoffs before losing out to a fresher Killie a few days later

He is a winner and gets players playing for him, he also always has a go, when he was with we were difficult to beat home or away

We could do worse

I think it's likely it'll be someone not mentioned yet.
    Mark Ogren has a limited knowledge of the game in Scotland, which is understandable. I would expect that means he's going to rely on TA's recommendations. And if so I would think that rules out CL for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwaysinourshadow View Post
    He needs help that lad.
    Elvis,"Their losses are unsustainable."

Robbie,"I would like to bring in Hayes and Nesbit and we have put in a £250,000 bid for the latter.

Page 12 of 172 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)