+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 172 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Next manager

Few posts on the Neilson thread but think a separate thread would be good

Hoping for Tommy Wright, appoint him and cement our position back in the top league and build from there, worried Wright doesnt fit the bill and we look at younger managers but to me thats a risk. Wright is tried and tested

I would also take Steve Robinson of Motherwell fwiw

Another vote for Steve Robinson, but i dont want Tommy Wright.

My expectation though is promotion from within, whether that be Forrest or McCulloch, the latter i thought was pretty hard done by at Killie.

Lots of names, I'll throw in Gary McAllister

Quote Originally Posted by Oddsox View Post
    Lots of names, I'll throw in Gary McAllister
    Jim McIntyre to do the double doon

A lot of names been mentioned on social media but i reckon Wright will be the big favourite. whether the timing is right or if hes got NI job lined up is another question.

Robinson- done really well with Motherwell but cant seem him leaving them to come to united considering they are in europe this season. personally wouldnt be as keen but not doubting he has done well.

Gary Holt- Done well again with Livi but probably not popular enough
    Levein- the ultimate Scottish football moment if we appointed him. Done well with us before but its a no from me!
    Stuart McCall- Always mentioned for united job previously. could do a job but would have nightmares having another McCall as manager after the last one
    Big Dunc- alot of excitement about this one. not sure but certainly would be an interesting one.
    Badger- Same as big Dunc

For me its got to be wright

I do find its interesting that people who arent bothered about neilson leaving due to negative tactics and boring performances are mostly the same people wanting Wright or levein who are very similar
    Last edited by darrenshedtastic; 21-06-2020 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post

Think it will be between Wright or McCulloch

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Think it will be between Wright or McCulloch
    Surely not McCulloch?

Steve Robinson for me. He plays good attacking football. Hopefully not Wright

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    With his long lost No2.

Page 1 of 172 1231151101 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)