+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 123 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1719

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    no, im not cofident, we go from being linked with tried and trusted names in the Scottish prem like Wright to high profile winners like MM and SMC and now we're odds on for some chunt fae f ucking tranmere rovers ffs

I really don't feel good about Mellon, in my gut it doesn't feel right, we need a less risky option, Wright is an obvious example of that and despite this hysteria I think Mackay is a much safer option than Mellon, so if its down to that then Mackay every day, I agree with james angle on him and that if he was cleared to be hired by sfa after going through programs then should not be a huge issue, seems to have learned his lesson as far as we know

Ex poster magic mushroom 🍄

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I really don't feel good about Mellon, in my gut it doesn't feel right, we need a less risky option, Wright is an obvious example of that and despite this hysteria I think Mackay is a much safer option than Mellon, so if its down to that then Mackay every day, I agree with james angle on him and that if he was cleared to be hired by sfa after going through programs then should not be a huge issue, seems to have learned his lesson as far as we know
    Mackay is also a gamble though, on more than one level. He hasn't been involved with the day to day running of a club for several years, and we will always have the cloud hanging over us no matter what people's differing opinions are. If Mellon fails we say oh well who the **** was he anyway, if Mackay fails we say what the **** did we bother employing him for and was it worth all the hassle. Disagree if you want but just imagine this board next summer if we do choose Mackay and it goes belly up.

Ex poster magic mushroom ��
    great call

It could go belly up with whoever gets chosen so the best man for the job in the eyes of the club gets my support..

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    It could go belly up with whoever gets chosen so the best man for the job in the eyes of the club gets my support..
    Exactly, I think Mellon has as much chance as Malky Malk of being a success, but comes untarnished.

Wouldn't say managing tranmere in the English lower league prepares you for the pressure of managing Utd a big club in Scotland with expectation, ok we will hopefully be patient this season and be happy to not be in danger... However if it went bad it could really undo a lot of good work

For me mackay has a bit more experience with bigger clubs, probably been under pressure and had to handle things like Vincent tan, and obviously being in the spotlight for negative reasons and it being on him when he was back getting the job with the sfa

I'd still prefer a safer bet like Wright but if those two, Malky Mackay seems the obvious choice of the two

same shedka, im no feeling it mate

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    So if the criteria is initials of MM - who else do we think we should interview. Mad Mike, Mike Meyers, Mary Magdelene, Mini Mouse, Maurice Malpas and my mum. Any others?
    Name:  page-24-Mark-McGhee-main-2-e1551440378456-800x684.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  64.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    great call
    😂😂 Let's just go the whole hog and get Mental McLean back in, there's a man that doesn't give a flying f about any type of media

Page 123 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)