+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mrs T revisited.

Smile Mrs T revisited.

"No one seems to think Boris Johnson has handled this crisis particularly well. But who might have done a better job than him? According to the Great British public, the answer is obvious: Mrs Thatcher.

A poll carried out by Redfield & Wilton Strategies suggests that 34 per cent of people think that Maggie would have handled coronavirus better than Boris – beating any other modern PM. What's more, 47 per cent of those in the north east said Thatcher would have done a better job, the highest proportion out of any UK region.

Until the last election, just three of the 29 constituencies in the north east voted in a Tory MP. Boris Johnson managed to achieve the best result for the Conservatives there since 1959, returning 10 Tories to the Commons. At the time, there was much talk of former Labour supporters 'lending their votes' in order to get Brexit over the line. But could the Redford polling suggest a deeper shift, where the once reviled Mrs T has been reappraised by those in post-industrial seats? It seems the iron lady hasn't lost her shine."

Shine on you crazy diamond indeed.

Oh phuck! He's back!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Oh phuck! He's back!
    and not a moment too soon. Welcome sinkov.

Well ,outwood and B T: You know doing all that painting ,it will not do just 1 covering ,women know this and just when your resting ,the trumpet blows again!! Just like ''break is over, dear'' ! Those sweet words beckoning you to her clarion call! Conclusion : If i want to see footy matches ,I'd better get on with it! Welcome back friend !

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "No one seems to think Boris Johnson has handled this crisis particularly well. But who might have done a better job than him? According to the Great British public, the answer is obvious: Mrs Thatcher.

A poll carried out by Redfield & Wilton Strategies suggests that 34 per cent of people think that Maggie would have handled coronavirus better than Boris – beating any other modern PM. What's more, 47 per cent of those in the north east said Thatcher would have done a better job, the highest proportion out of any UK region.

Until the last election, just three of the 29 constituencies in the north east voted in a Tory MP. Boris Johnson managed to achieve the best result for the Conservatives there since 1959, returning 10 Tories to the Commons. At the time, there was much talk of former Labour supporters 'lending their votes' in order to get Brexit over the line. But could the Redford polling suggest a deeper shift, where the once reviled Mrs T has been reappraised by those in post-industrial seats? It seems the iron lady hasn't lost her shine."

Shine on you crazy diamond indeed.
    I was recently reading about her giving the police unlimited freedom for any excess at Orgreave and then about her welcoming Pinochet and Jimmy Saville to Chequers. Then she gave the order to sink an old tub down in the South Atlantic Ocean, killing a sh-it load of Argentinian naval cadets in the process, I would have happily drowned the bitch.

I was recently reading about her giving the police unlimited freedom for any excess at Orgreave and then about her welcoming Pinochet and Jimmy Saville to Chequers. Then she gave the order to sink an old tub down in the South Atlantic Ocean, killing a sh-it load of Argentinian naval cadets in the process, I would have happily drowned the bitch.
    BT- -you need to visit the Falkland Islands and tell them your thoughts, you may well be surprised at the response you would get.
    There are ex-miners up here in the north east that put as much blame on Scargill as they do on Maggie. The strike split many families with brothers in the same household having different opinions and some crossing picket lines manned by their own siblings. Those divides have remained and many families are still split almost 40 years later.......

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT- -you need to visit the Falkland Islands and tell them your thoughts, you may well be surprised at the response you would get.
    There are ex-miners up here in the north east that put as much blame on Scargill as they do on Maggie. The strike split many families with brothers in the same household having different opinions and some crossing picket lines manned by their own siblings. Those divides have remained and many families are still split almost 40 years later.......
    No time for scabs me Supersub6. A the time I was a member of the old NGA (Printers Union) and we went to support the miners in South Kirkby. I still have the scars of a broken shoulder just to remind me on a daily basis how much I hated and still hate Sinkov's hard on material...

Attachment 16113

No time for scabs me Supersub6. A the time I was a member of the old NGA (Printers Union) and we went to support the miners in South Kirkby. I still have the scars of a broken shoulder just to remind me on a daily basis how much I hated and still hate Sinkov's hard on material...

Attachment 16113
    That is where we differ BT because I have no time for strikes and, in particular, those who call the workforce out on strike whilst not suffering any hardship themselves. Scargill was the prime example and he was still milking the Miners' Union even after he was no longer in situ. What did he achieve? Well, he managed to split the miners right down the middle because many in Nottinghamshire did not want to strike and even formed another Union. You can also add a lot of Northumbrian Miners who were totally against the strike but came out anyway because it always has been a bit union area, however, as I said, it split a lot of families.

The whole thing was compounded in later years when their local Union funds were decimated by the leader taking loans for his own use and these were never paid back and still have not been!

Much is made of miners being set upon by police etc., however, you never hear very much about those miners who wanted to work being set upon by supposed fellow miners -----and I know the truth about that as well. Heavies come from all walks of life.
    I will add that my father-in-law had just retired after almost 50 years working down the mines and it was very interesting talking to him about the whole situation and he used to be a big Union man!

"Well, he managed to split the miners right down the middle because many in Nottinghamshire did not want to strike and even formed another Union. You can also add a lot of Northumbrian Miners who were totally against the strike but came out anyway because it always has been a bit union area, however, as I said, it split a lot of families."

The strike was technically illegal because there had been no National Ballot, and the reason Scargill didn't call a national ballot was because he knew he wouldn't win it. Another fact the Left likes to airbrush out of history.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Well, he managed to split the miners right down the middle because many in Nottinghamshire did not want to strike and even formed another Union. You can also add a lot of Northumbrian Miners who were totally against the strike but came out anyway because it always has been a bit union area, however, as I said, it split a lot of families."

The strike was technically illegal because there had been no National Ballot, and the reason Scargill didn't call a national ballot was because he knew he wouldn't win it. Another fact the Left likes to airbrush out of history.
    Don't give me any of this sh-it sinkov. This was an ideological political battle, Thatcher smashed the Trade Unions, while simultaneously destroying our industrial heritage in the process and left us with nothing more than a nation built on bricks and mortar.

Take away the property wealth in the United Kingdom and we would be back to phucking serfdom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)