+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many?

How many?

Baggies fan here with an opinion and I would like to hear what you lot think. Sensible reasoned ones would be good.

I looked at the Villa team on Weds and thought how many of that X1 would 'walk' into the Albion team. Only 3 Grealish, Mings and McGinn( if he gets back to what he was.) I reckon a similar number of ours would 'walk' into the Villa team and then you could argue about the rest mostly based on the weaknesses of both rather than strengths. This after you spent £140,000,000 last year and got back nowt and we spent £16,000,000 (most of which we wasted on the 2 strikers) and got back many millions more.

Do you agree perhaps only 3 would 'walk' into the Albion side? If it's more let me know who.

So question for Villa fans. If you go stay up would you give another £100,000,000 plus the Grealish money to this manager to invest?

I dont know enough about the Albion players to comment.

Difficult one 923, if the question is genuine, or a thinly veiled dig, but it’s probably both. But I’ll try.

We have a squad of players, of unproven ability, lacking confidence, playing for a manager, out of his depth, languishing bottom(ish). You, on the other hand, have players mostly of average ability, but confidence flying, for a quality manager, sitting pretty at the top of the league.

I’m not sure about walking into your team, but Jack. McGinn and Mings would be strong bets
    for a starting place. Heaton, I personally rate higher than Johnstone. As with Bongo, I haven’t seen much of WBA this season. Not arrogantly dismissing your mob, but we get our Sky Sports via Virgin Ireland, and we don’t have the red button facility. But from reading your board and the few games that I’ve seen, I’d say Grosi, Pereira, Krov and Sawyers all have better qualities than what we have. Although Luiz has of late found some form.

So I make that 4-4, but there could be a decider to make 5-4 to us, with the inclusion of Louie Barry.

Then again, your management/coaching team could walk into Bodymoor Heath, any day of the week.

And finally, NO, I wouldn’t give the current manager another penny to waste in the transfer market, should the highly unlikely happen at the end of the season.

Nice reply Exile and of course I was having a dig. Wouldn't disagree about Heaton but I was only looking at the X1 you put out on Weds and it didn't impress. Agree about management.

FWIW I'd like to see you stay up if we go up. Four big derby games in the Prem love it. And have you come down if we don't.

COYB

How Many ?? This reads like Charles Dickens (except he was literate)

You should have named your thread “Whimsical de tour” though lamentably neither the journey or the destination are up to much.

I watched the Buggies V Blouse on VIP league my evaluation

• The last unicorn and the tooth fairy could make both of our sides starting X1
    • At present a fair percentage of Villa players are spectators & should be made to pay for a ticket!
    • N B.. The noise generated by the Albiyun home support was as rumbustious as ever

There are three kinds of people in this world, them that can count and them that can't

Good luck for the rest of the season

923 I haven't seen anything of your side but the Villa players I would want to retain are Mings, McGinn, Heaton, Targett, Guillbert, Luiz, Davis, Samatta and Nakamba (think he'll be fine next season) assuming Grealish is sold. Our problem is our manager who looks completely lost at this level, no change of tactics at 1-0 half-time when a rampant Chelsea had a spare man with their system proves that.

Louie Barry is also spouted as a big prospect and I also like the look of Vassilev.

Like others have said - good luck with the rest of the season, and I hope Leeds blow it!

Luiz is a shining light imo. He would get into your team. I honestly think tho that the BEST amalgamation of players from the Villa and the Baggies would be a quality championship team, but we would be in exactly the same position in the PL.

We will see tho when you boing up this season, if I am correct. Never know, you could do a Sheffield utd.

I'd definitely have Billic over Smith. And no, I wouldn't give him or Suso another 100m to spend... Unless it was on 2 players and even they could **** that up!

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Luiz is a shining light imo. He would get into your team. I honestly think tho that the BEST amalgamation of players from the Villa and the Baggies would be a quality championship team, but we would be in exactly the same position in the PL.

We will see tho when you boing up this season, if I am correct. Never know, you could do a Sheffield utd.

I'd definitely have Billic over Smith. And no, I wouldn't give him or Suso another 100m to spend... Unless it was on 2 players and even they could **** that up!
    There's not many in the Sheff Utd side that individually would walk into either of our teams but collectively..........

Be interesting to see how they go next season.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Nice reply Exile and of course I was having a dig. Wouldn't disagree about Heaton but I was only looking at the X1 you put out on Weds and it didn't impress. Agree about management.

FWIW I'd like to see you stay up if we go up. Four big derby games in the Prem love it. And have you come down if we don't.

COYB
    Interesting how you chose our starting X1 last Wed, 923, but not your starting X1 from the blose game. I wasn't too impressed either, considering the class of opponent.

I think between us we’d struggle to make up a 5 a side team, going on post lockdown performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Interesting how you chose our starting X1 last Wed, 923, but not your starting X1 from the blose game. I wasn't too impressed either, considering the class of opponent.

I think between us we’d struggle to make up a 5 a side team, going on post lockdown performances.
    Can't see where I have chosen anyone.

We have taken 4 points from 7 homes games v the bottom 9. Does that mean we do much better against teams that come and attack us rather than what we saw from Blose on Saturday? Bodes well if we do go up. Ask me again after Friday away v The Bees.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)