+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fulham fans not Happy

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Well I can still recall League 1 Season 2009/10 at Swindon,being out played losing 3-0 & Walsall beating us at ER with Rui Marques in a side with Paul Dickov on the bench in case Jermaine couldn't find the net ............. promoted by finishing second to Norwich.

In short Oz we are joint top with a £7 million Bamford (not a £27 million Mitrovic) with tactics by Bielsa so I'm not complaining after what I've witnessed over the years travelling to watch Leeds but I respect your personal opinion.

Bielsa - "two goalscorers are … better [able] to take advantage of 10 chances. … But we should see which player we take out from the team and [what] is going to be the result if we take out one player behind the attackers, the goalscorer. ...If we play with two goalscorers, maybe Forshaw or Klich are out of the team – Shackleton/Forshaw/Klich – and…one centre-forward without two midfielders behind him is going to make worse the building of the attack. So if you have two centre-forwards [in] one team that doesn't create a lot of chances, you cannot take advantage of the results that you have. This is my way of thinking."

MOT
    You've lost me. What has that got to do with Bamford? Are you saying a similar situation existed when Beckford couldn't score in a couple of games?

Well I can still recall League 1 Season 2009/10 at Swindon,being out played losing 3-0 & Walsall beating us at ER with Rui Marques in a side with Paul Dickov on the bench in case Jermaine couldn't find the net ............. promoted by finishing second to Norwich.

In short Oz we are joint top with a £7 million Bamford (not a £27 million Mitrovic) with tactics by Bielsa so I'm not complaining after what I've witnessed over the years travelling to watch Leeds but I respect your personal opinion.

Bielsa - "two goalscorers are … better [able] to take advantage of 10 chances. … But we should see which player we take out from the team and [what] is going to be the result if we take out one player behind the attackers, the goalscorer. ...If we play with two goalscorers, maybe Forshaw or Klich are out of the team – Shackleton/Forshaw/Klich – and…one centre-forward without two midfielders behind him is going to make worse the building of the attack. So if you have two centre-forwards [in] one team that doesn't create a lot of chances, you cannot take advantage of the results that you have. This is my way of thinking."

MOT
    "Bielsa -

"two goalscorers are … better [able] to take advantage of 10 chances"

"So if you have two centre-forwards [in] one team that doesn't create a lot of chances, you cannot take advantage of the results that you have. This is my way of thinking."

Statements of the blindingly obvious, and ones I (and most others) would agree with.

Thing is, we have played with a single centre forward (and one who finds it almost superhumanly difficult to score) AND we create more chances than just about every team in the division. Conclusion? Bielsa knows what the truth is, (from his own mouth we know this), but he just can't (or won't) act on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    You've lost me. What has that got to do with Bamford? Are you saying a similar situation existed when Beckford couldn't score in a couple of games?
    Club financial management,Team patterns & horses for courses player Leagues wise.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "Bielsa -

"two goalscorers are … better [able] to take advantage of 10 chances"

"So if you have two centre-forwards [in] one team that doesn't create a lot of chances, you cannot take advantage of the results that you have. This is my way of thinking."

Statements of the blindingly obvious, and ones I (and most others) would agree with.

Thing is, we have played with a single centre forward (and one who finds it almost superhumanly difficult to score) AND we create more chances than just about every team in the division. Conclusion? Bielsa knows what the truth is, (from his own mouth we know this), but he just can't (or won't) act on it.
    Joint top with the implemented system - chill out.
    MOT

Club financial management,Team patterns & horses for courses player Leagues wise.

MOT
    Still don't know what that has to do with Bamford missing chance after chance? Is that our planned pattern of play?? Ah well.....on we go.

MOT
    In the 2019/20 campaign, the only players to outperform Bamford (38%) in underperforming as striker (converting chances into goals), is our very own Jack Harrison (47%). Only Bobby Reid at Fulham (52%), beats either in this campaign.

So, you can't have it both ways, either Bielsa is a hypocrite, in that he says one thing, and does exactly the opposite, or he's a hypocrite, for saying one thing, and doing the opposite?

As for "chilling out", I suppose you would have been suggesting just the same last season, before we imploded? "Implemented system" i.e Bamford as our only striker and in he we depend?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    In the 2019/20 campaign, the only players to outperform Bamford (38%) in underperforming as striker (converting chances into goals), is our very own Jack Harrison (47%). Only Bobby Reid at Fulham (52%), beats either in this campaign.

So, you can't have it both ways, either Bielsa is a hypocrite, in that he says one thing, and does exactly the opposite, or he's a hypocrite, for saying one thing, and doing the opposite?

As for "chilling out", I suppose you would have been suggesting just the same last season, before we imploded? "Implemented system" i.e Bamford as our only striker and in he we depend?

The trouble is that 'some' fans begin to criticise before they give due consideration to all of the factors.
    One factor is personalities within a team.Bamford obviously ticks most boxes personality wise,work ethic wise,training wise and nobody else does presently in the role required.Player(s) complaints are handled by Orta apparently not Bielsa.

Personally for myself work wise, I value Flexibility,Determination,Persistence,Eagerness which by adding constant Knowledge to my Base Technical skills keeps me in work so I'm always 'open' to offers work/career wise as will Patrick Bamford ultimately.

We don't agree on the matter but I suspect Bielsa thought he could make Bamford & Phillips better players and add to their 'raw' attributes after comparing what Orta could get or indeed what was present in house last summer end of.

I know a bit about Edmondson from his time at York City and via Gordon Stanniforth & Paul Robinson I hear mental confidence and belief were issues York City had to work on with him alongside other issues around his life at 16.At 17 Leeds gave him an 'opportunity'.
    Now at 19 I'm sure he's in a better place with Bielsa's staff and will become stronger for it each day physically and mentally,IMO.So I would not jump to conclusions over the merits of why he presently is not on the bench,least of all the knee injury he suffered needs correct management too to avert another Byram or Taylor young niggling injuries situ whilst young when at Leeds.

MOT

MOS, Dont disgree with much of what you are saying i will also say its easy to second guess mgmt decisions on buying players
    However i think leaving bamford a d kiko in regatdless of how bad they perform has become counterproductive. You could argue that being a keeper and striker should make your career blossom like no other in the championship. Lots of high quality strike chances and few difficult saves.
    They are under no concern of losing their starting spot and they, as well as the rest of the team, know it

Meslier will be better and i think that if edmonson got a chance he would do well we need a poacher. We control most teams znd the game We just dont score

MOT
    We are second and cannot score. 24 points to play for. Only 7 in front.....

The trouble is that 'some' fans begin to criticise before they give due consideration to all of the factors.
    One factor is personalities within a team.Bamford obviously ticks most boxes personality wise,work ethic wise,training wise and nobody else does presently in the role required.Player(s) complaints are handled by Orta apparently not Bielsa.

Personally for myself work wise, I value Flexibility,Determination,Persistence,Eagerness which by adding constant Knowledge to my Base Technical skills keeps me in work so I'm always 'open' to offers work/career wise as will Patrick Bamford ultimately.

We don't agree on the matter but I suspect Bielsa thought he could make Bamford & Phillips better players and add to their 'raw' attributes after comparing what Orta could get or indeed what was present in house last summer end of.

I know a bit about Edmondson from his time at York City and via Gordon Stanniforth & Paul Robinson I hear mental confidence and belief were issues York City had to work on with him alongside other issues around his life at 16.At 17 Leeds gave him an 'opportunity'.
    Now at 19 I'm sure he's in a better place with Bielsa's staff and will become stronger for it each day physically and mentally,IMO.So I would not jump to conclusions over the merits of why he presently is not on the bench,least of all the knee injury he suffered needs correct management too to avert another Byram or Taylor young niggling injuries situ whilst young when at Leeds.

MOT
    "comparing what Orta could get or indeed what was present in house last summer end of."..And what did we do during the winter transfer window, having aqcuired zilch in the summer? We "acquired" for reasons that are a mystery to most, an overweight, unfit reject on loan with a mind-bogglingly stupid obligation (so we understand) to pay £18m for him if we get promoted!!!!

"Personally for myself work wise, I value Flexibility,Determination,Persistence,Eagerness which by adding constant Knowledge to my Base Technical skills keeps me in work so I'm always 'open' to offers work/career wise as will Patrick Bamford ultimately." Agree with all the first part of that statement, but you missed a bit........".....keeps me in work, provided I achieve what I am asked for (and paid to do) by my employer....". Bamford will neither grow, nor possibly stay, in his profession if he continues to fail on that very specific requirement.

As to Edmonson, not sure how you can compare a raw 16yr old with someone who is now putting goals away for fun in a "league" where he is regularly playing against players from other teams who are equally regularly comanding 1st team playing time. What I can say for sure, having been in similar position but in a very different world, is that contantly being sidelined when those who ARE given responsibility perform so abysmally, and for what you know you could do as well as, if not better, is just as psychologically damaging as anything the lad will have faced before.

Neither I nor anyone else is suggesting that Edmonson is a direct replacement, but surely some 1st team game time is the only way that he will ever be able to show his true mettle (just as with Meslier, who I have no doubt would be on the bench had Casilla not got himself banned).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)