+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fulham fans not Happy

Fulham fans not Happy

Well Fulham fan base ain't happy on Fulham Web !

ROC' i am glad you brought up the subject of the 'other forwards'. This is our problem at Fulham. It would be interesting to see Mitrovic defending our lines with his physical present and in the mean-time, the likes of Knockheart and Cavaliero do what forwards do up front? Would they know what to do in those positions? Has Scott Parker got any plans, systems, shapes or even any ideas how our other players can adapt? The answer is a 'NO'!!! And these are the questions i and others would like to question. It all comes down to experience again, and if we go with Parker, we will fail. It is only a matter of time until the wheels fall completely off his time at Fulham...

And .......

After yesterday’s performance some of us want to leave players out and use various players from the squad. That is the norm from most clubs who have a player or players that are not performing. You have to ask why they are not playing well. Not fit, injured or not in the right frame of mind? If it’s not one of These the coaching staff need to look at themselves, maybe it’s because they are not comfortable with Parker’s system. How much longer is Parker going to keep trying to play a system that does not work? Us fans have been mentioning this for a few seasons now. Since Parker has been in charge I can honestly say that I am never confident that we will get a win. I must also add that Parker never shows any emotion on the line, this cannot be good for player morale.

Mmm,food for thought folks Parker is not wanted.
    MOT

Not just us leeds fans being disgruntled then?

Hopefully they will be even more unhappy after Saturday

Said it before, if they had a proper manager they'd have romped this league with their squad. Good thing for us is they've got a donkey in charge who is looking likely to not even get them in top 2

Doesn’t matter how divided or out of sorts any of our opposition are... they always rise for their cup final and are united in their combined hatred of Dirty Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Said it before, if they had a proper manager they'd have romped this league with their squad. Good thing for us is they've got a donkey in charge who is looking likely to not even get them in top 2
    And they could probably (legitimately) say that if we had a proper striker we would have romped this league by now.

Friendly intelligent fans at Fulham who've many concerns over their club including very large staff salary bills and they're rightly asking questions.
    Leeds spent 94 per cent of their revenue on wages in 2018/19.That only ranks 15th in the Championship.However when compared to UEFA’s guidelines a club should spend 70 per cent of their revenue on wages so it is not ideal

Leeds also recently allowed a generous 2% interest on the deferrals they offered which is significantly higher than the current Bank of England base rate of 0.1 % and will ensure that the players will benefit in the long-run from accepting such a short-term salary sacrifice.
    Of course Leeds stand to earn over £170m from promotion to the PL which would solve all their financial problems immediately and enable them to pay the players the agreed bonuses on top of their contracted bonuses.

Mmm players wages then ?

So how much is a decent proven PL striker nowadays let alone a senior keeper if we go up.At Fulham (via Newcastle) Mitrovic is now on £60,000 a week (£3,120,000) for starters before any bonus but is he PL standard ?

What is Championship or PL standard creates debate,certainly on here.

Well, digest this one.Leeds will pay the loan fee for Augustin as well as his £35,000 a week Leipzig salary for the remainder of the campaign. The total cost of the deal in fee and wages is around £2.5m, a significant outlay for Uniteds absent earner.
    Presently our Spanish keeper is our top earner at £35,000 a week (plus a nice signing on fee before he pulled his gloves on) followed by Philips & Bamford both pulling in £30,000 to £40,000 per week inclusive of bonuses (with no sign on fee).Of course I could go on with regards to the Costa,Meslier's 'with conditions' deals but I won't as I don't want to give folks sleepless nights or opportunity for 'in fighting comments' resulting in abuse of players via the faceless internet warriors.
    Nick Harris the 'numbers' investigative journalist on Twitter states ................

Bournemouth payed salaries annually of £36,760,000 for their PL squad in 2018/19 !
    Fulham payed salaries annually of £37,666,800 for their squad in 2018/19
    Well,Leeds payed salaries of over £40,000.000 according to Rad (The Times Oct 2019) including Bielsa's staff which he claimed then was "not sustainable".

Promotion is essential for Leeds (and for the city who already get 13 million visitors a year) and more so Fulham in trendy SW 6 London.
    Please God, 3 points on Saturday.

MOT
    Last edited by MrsORichSenior; 23-06-2020 at 10:52 PM.

At 40,000 per week, it makes an even bigger joke that Bambi is prancing around every week with few returns! Oh sorry....I must be one of those faceless internet warriors.

Well against Fulham, Pablo should be back - does he drop roberts to the bench or bench Bamford and move Roberts up front?

Suspect Bamford starts matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    At 40,000 per week, it makes an even bigger joke that Bambi is prancing around every week with few returns! Oh sorry....I must be one of those faceless internet warriors.

Well I can still recall League 1 Season 2009/10 at Swindon,being out played losing 3-0 & Walsall beating us at ER with Rui Marques in a side with Paul Dickov on the bench in case Jermaine couldn't find the net ............. promoted by finishing second to Norwich.

In short Oz we are joint top with a £7 million Bamford (not a £27 million Mitrovic) with tactics by Bielsa so I'm not complaining after what I've witnessed over the years travelling to watch Leeds but I respect your personal opinion.

Bielsa - "two goalscorers are … better [able] to take advantage of 10 chances. … But we should see which player we take out from the team and [what] is going to be the result if we take out one player behind the attackers, the goalscorer. ...If we play with two goalscorers, maybe Forshaw or Klich are out of the team – Shackleton/Forshaw/Klich – and…one centre-forward without two midfielders behind him is going to make worse the building of the attack. So if you have two centre-forwards [in] one team that doesn't create a lot of chances, you cannot take advantage of the results that you have. This is my way of thinking."

MOT
    Last edited by MrsORichSenior; 26-06-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)