+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane banner

Black lives matter, White lives matter, All lives matter. I don't have a problem with any of it.

You didn't miss anything Sub, Souness saying when he was in the game he was racially abused by Chairmen of Football Clubs and didn't say anything, but now wishes he had, Micah Richards thanking him for saying that after we are accomplishing so much (What the hell are we accomplishing I shouted), Ben Mee interview was all about the plane, like I keep saying Racism happens in everyday life, not just Football, you will Never get rid of it (tonight with the plane proves it), don't fuel the fire, its a Football programme, so show more of the game and if you have to talk, talk Football ya Muppets.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Got to agree with all this! The commotion over the poppy on the shirts and this emblem represents those lives lost by our armed forces fighting for our freedom. Even some black decent guys at work say all these slogans now especially in football are totally over the top. But hey - these white liberals will be on to the next thing soon! Bad timing tonight the banner but for the club to say it was offensive is embarrassing!
    If the club had not come out with their statment you can guarantee that the PL and the media would have taken the club to the cleaners ---they did what was necessary to avoid any further escalation of the situation.

I dont know "exactly" why the plane was flown over the stadium parading WLM behind it - I dont know who was behind it or why they did it....I guess we'll find out. But to myself....it's a silly thing to do - because it's obvious, Hello !...."Life matters" - no matter who or what colour you are - I wish "all" folk would appreciate that - but there's seemingly always a few fruitcakes with the bizzare idea to phook with decency and wind things up with some divisive narrative. So...it's good to remember - it's not the majority - it's not we who build or sell insane weapons that blow villages to smithereens etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Complete disgrace if this is due to Burnley supporters. You should hang your heads in shame. I hope you are identified and banned forever from football and the Turf. I understand that ALL lives matter but don't turn it into a racial issue. Shocked and horrified.
    Perhaps I'm missing something here, but don't the words 'Black Lives Matter' make it a racial issue ?

For me this was wrong. There is no problem in saying White Lives Matter or indeed putting it on a banner and towing it behind a plane. What was not right for me was adding Burnley and then flying it over the match at the Etihad. That was trying to represent it as being a statement from the town of Burnley, the club and all Burnley fans.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    What could possess someone to do this at this moment in time?

Puts the club and all of our supporters in a really bad light.

Right now - think it if you will - but please do not say it on our behalf?
    You and many more have proper lost the plot - so what are you saying - they don’t matter ?

It’s a fine line and dangerous game your playing

Schoolboy error really by the banner man - should have known you and the club would make it racist All LIves matter is what it should have read ( it would have been interesting to see anyone condone that )

Thank god your back Sinkov , been saying it for last two weeks

It’s racism in itself.

We need to give all of our heads a good wobble - ALL LIVES DO NOT MATTER - or how in the name of God do we allow this **** to happen?

Attachment 16122

Oh dear, if we start discussing this we 'open a can of worms.' We have not yet created 'One Human Society' in all these thousands of years!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)