+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane banner

Aeroplane banner

FLying over ground at kick off tonight with banner reading "White lives matter Burnley"

words fail me ..That doesn't happen often.

What could possess someone to do this at this moment in time?

Puts the club and all of our supporters in a really bad light.

Right now - think it if you will - but please do not say it on our behalf?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    FLying over ground at kick off tonight with banner reading "White lives matter Burnley"

words fail me ..That doesn't happen often.
    The statement from Burnley FC to this is embarrassing! How can the banner be offensive? I think the lives of the three butchered in a park by a Libyan matters!!! Don’t get me wrong - I get the protests although not in a pandemic and ALL lives matter so the slogans on football shirts is turning people off! Different with the rows over the poppy and this represents all those lives lost by our armed forces who fight for our freedom.

Big mistake that Burnley statement as the content of it is offensive in itself!

Again - All Lives Matter so the wording of it being offensive is poor - bad timing maybe!
    Last edited by baggieal; 22-06-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Surely you have to question the intelligence of the pilot/ aircraft company for agreeing to do this before the game, with all the problems there have been. ?Is there a case for being apprehended for this stupid behaviour ? It would not be too difficult to trace the pilot and aeroplane owner responsible for this idiotic behaviour .

It was a ridiculous thing to do and the Club had to apologise even though it was out of their hands.
    Even so, we may find that the PL could take it further and fine the club which would really help at the present time.
    I feel really sorry for all the players, management and those involved at the club, even though I am not a lover of what Black Lives Matter stands for, particularly in this country.

Complete disgrace if this is due to Burnley supporters. You should hang your heads in shame. I hope you are identified and banned forever from football and the Turf. I understand that ALL lives matter but don't turn it into a racial issue. Shocked and horrified.

The airheads who are responsible for this moronic incident will now be traced and given lifetime bans from Turf Moor.

I rejoice in the fact that I won't be sitting next to them in the future.

For me its like the Black Lives Matter on the back of the shirts, the Black Lives Matter badges that everyone wears to knuckle down to show that they are following the herd.

NO, the plane was ridiculous, but Souness, the presenter and the ex player going on and on and on and on about it is Laughable, I kept saying to Matron, well come on then what is it that it is achieving ? all this Black Lives Matter, what do we need to do besides, have it plastered on Football shirts, Badges and have demonstrations ? COME ON ! TELL US WHAT IT IS ALL ACHIEVING !

Its a Football programme, Phucking move on to the Football ya pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    For me its like the Black Lives Matter on the back of the shirts, the Black Lives Matter badges that everyone wears to knuckle down to show that they are following the herd.

NO, the plane was ridiculous, but Souness, the presenter and the ex player going on and on and on and on about it is Laughable, I kept saying to Matron, well come on then what is it that it is achieving ? all this Black Lives Matter, what do we need to do besides, have it plastered on Football shirts, Badges and have demonstrations ? COME ON ! TELL US WHAT IT IS ALL ACHIEVING !

alto --I have no idea what was being said because I turn the sound off and watch with some vinyl playing in the background.
    Tonight I had the pleasure of Earth, Wind and Fire and then Stevei Wonder so the night was not a total write off! It isn't often that I can listen to sounds with the volume turned up but tonight!!

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

Got to agree with all this! The commotion over the poppy on the shirts and this emblem represents those lives lost by our armed forces fighting for our freedom. Even some black decent guys at work say all these slogans now especially in football are totally over the top. But hey - these white liberals will be on to the next thing soon! Bad timing tonight the banner but for the club to say it was offensive is embarrassing!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)