+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good to be back............sort of!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good to be back............sort of!

Well well well, some things never change aye!

We dominate, should score, give away possesion in a dangerous are, they score a brilliant strike from outside box.

Bamford still up there with the worst natural goalscorers in this league, never seen someone who is always either a yard past a cross or a yard too slow to get on the end of one. Oh and now extended his talents to blocking shots on the line! Bravo!

Phillips uncharacteristically rubbish, wayward pass aside he looked off, sure it was just one of those days he still showed at times his importance.

Meslier, I know the first shot was hit hard and a good strike but for me he should be saving that, it isn't in the corner and its at an easy height. Second one no chance. But 2 shots, 2 goals..........

Reality is, I think we were unlucky, but then again, other than the shot Bamford blocked I don't think we came particularly close. Lot of dangerous play with no real chance, some powderpuff shots when in good positions but that was it.

Still confident, still happy just a frustrating day!

Only thing I'm worried about now is that Brentford look to be the team to watch, could do with West Brom taking them to the cleaners on Friday. Pablo back v Fulham hopefully an important cog, he at times is the missing link to create a goal from nothing when they've packed the box.

What are peoples thoughts on run in? Here is what I see happening:

Fulham- 1-1 draw
    Luton - 3-0 Win
    Blackburn 2-1 LOSS
    Stoke 2-0 Win
    Swansea 3-1 Win
    Barnsley 2-2 Draw
    Derby 55-0 Win AND PROMOTION, ROONEY CRYING ON THE PITCH.
    Charlton- WHO CARES DONT YOU KNOW PUMP IT UP THE WHITES ARE GOING UP.

Agree 100% about Brentford, just need to make sure we match them, or do better for the next few games , after West Brom they look to have quite an easy run in, Not confident about anu of our away games and twitchy about the home ones with teams always parking the bus - and Bumfluff in this form.

Fulham- 1-1 draw
    Luton - 2-0 win
    Blackburn 1-1 draw
    Stoke 3-1 Win
    Swansea 2-2 draw
    Barnsley 4-2 win
    Derby 1-2 loss
    Charlton- 1-0 win

Hope it will be enough

I can see us bottling it again if we don't get a result on Saturday, even a draw chalks off another match, but agree that Brentford are the ones to watch, their run in is as easy as ours (should be) and I wouldn't fancy our mental fortitude if they get within a point or two of us.

I fancy us to beat Fulham, they will have to come at us as they need 3 pts more than we do in this game.

We would need to score first though as we are no good chasing games.

Sweaty palms already and it's only Wednesday.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)