+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Player signings

I’ll admit we’ve had some good signing but it does piss me off how long it takes us (or make it official) to make a signing

Hull making some signings.

Hull City
    @HullCity
    ·
    2h
    Writing hand Hull City are delighted to announce the signing of Festus Arthur from Stockport County for an undisclosed fee.

Hull City
    @HullCity
    ·
    5h
    Writing hand Hull City are delighted to announce that Mallik Wilks has joined the Club on a permanent basis for an undisclosed fee!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’ll admit we’ve had some good signing but it does piss me off how long it takes us (or make it official) to make a signing
    Got to admit I’m a bit disappointed we haven’t signed a player yet but I do wonder if we are waiting for play offs to be over with, to sign some league 1 players. Also I know we are waiting for players to make their minds up which club to join us or another club and it’s a bit depressing to know we are so far down in the packing order we have to wait and see, but what can you do.

I’m hoping we get a few in before championship ends

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Got to admit I’m a bit disappointed we haven’t signed a player yet but I do wonder if we are waiting for play offs to be over with, to sign some league 1 players. Also I know we are waiting for players to make their minds up which club to join us or another club and it’s a bit depressing to know we are so far down in the packing order we have to wait and see, but what can you do.

I’m hoping we get a few in before championship ends
    If I was TS I wouldn't be rushing to commit to anything in transfer fees or wages. NFL here are expecting to be letting stadiums have no more than 15% of normal capacity throughout the season which runs Sep-Feb. The entire baseball season if it ever gets going (lots of players opting out and getting COVID) will be behind closed doors (Jul-Oct).

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    If I was TS I wouldn't be rushing to commit to anything in transfer fees or wages. NFL here are expecting to be letting stadiums have no more than 15% of normal capacity throughout the season which runs Sep-Feb. The entire baseball season if it ever gets going (lots of players opting out and getting COVID) will be behind closed doors (Jul-Oct).
    I know what your saying your saying the money income may not support more players if it’s played behind closed doors (at least I think that’s what you was saying) and your probably right however football isn’t a business you can shut the doors being no new product in and wait until people come back into grounds before you carry on, no if efl want to play then you got to carry on regardless.

Unfortunately it maybe a season we go into the red and TS has to put his own money in again to keep the club going. Even if he does put up a season ticket for fans that has games free on Ifollow There’s going to be a lot of people who won’t like it and it’s ok waving your arms about saying just let us in now (like me &#128514, but if he can’t let us in he can’t let us in and every fan will have to do what he or she sees fit.

Players will have to be brought in at some point

I know what your saying your saying the money income may not support more players if it’s played behind closed doors (at least I think that’s what you was saying) and your probably right however football isn’t a business you can shut the doors being no new product in and wait until people come back into grounds before you carry on, no if efl want to play then you got to carry on regardless.

Unfortunately it maybe a season we go into the red and TS has to put his own money in again to keep the club going. Even if he does put up a season ticket for fans that has games free on Ifollow There’s going to be a lot of people who won’t like it and it’s ok waving your arms about saying just let us in now (like me ��), but if he can’t let us in he can’t let us in and every fan will have to do what he or she sees fit.

Players will have to be brought in at some point
    Silly. I have a house for sale. I'm not going to tell you where it is, how big it is or what condition it's in. Want to buy it? As far as I know no plans whatsoever have been laid out by the EFL for next season or even if there is going to be a next season.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Silly. I have a house for sale. I'm not going to tell you where it is, how big it is or what condition it's in. Want to buy it? As far as I know no plans whatsoever have been laid out by the EFL for next season or even if there is going to be a next season.
    Very cute but not the same unless TS was on about selling the club then you would be accurate in that analogy.

The problem is regardless if we sign or not to sign we still have a lot of players who need paying, that won’t change even if season is put on halt until next year. Yes he can stop the money flow for new signings and if we was in league 1 I’d agree it’s a smart idea but in championship sponsors like sky won’t let you not play even if you had small pox covid and some other freaky virus they will still want there money’s worth out of little old Rotherham.

Also even if he feels a bit of jelly in his belly signing new players it don’t mean he can’t offer players longer contracts to stop them leaving for free next year

Very cute but not the same unless TS was on about selling the club then you would be accurate in that analogy.

The problem is regardless if we sign or not to sign we still have a lot of players who need paying, that won’t change even if season is put on halt until next year. Yes he can stop the money flow for new signings and if we was in league 1 I’d agree it’s a smart idea but in championship sponsors like sky won’t let you not play even if you had small pox covid and some other freaky virus they will still want there money’s worth out of little old Rotherham.

Also even if he feels a bit of jelly in his belly signing new players it don’t mean he can’t offer players longer contracts to stop them leaving for free next year
    So I take that as a no then Silly and you don't want to buy my house. i.e. you don't want to spend money blindly without knowing a few more facts about the consequences of making the purchase.

I will buy it silly. Undisclosed fee?

The £7m tv money has to be used towards wages not just transfer fees. The recruitment team worked well last season so I have no reason to doubt them this year.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast