+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RUFC retained list finally here

RUFC retained list finally here

Take a deep breath Gru

https://t.co/6DOaqEbcMT?amp=1

Bilboe gone so we need Price to stay

Lamy gone, not given a chance maybe

Wish we could sell Yates now and get over it

Jones should be ok for cover

Get some signings done now
    Last edited by millertop; 23-06-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Gru will have to give the Kiss of Death to someone else now.

I’m hoping price and Jones move on but I think both will sign new deals

Gru wont be happy that lamy is going (I’m not pleased with that ether)

The one for the future but not with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I’m hoping price and Jones move on but I think both will sign new deals

Gru wont be happy that lamy is going (I’m not pleased with that ether)
    We don’t have a keeper if Price moves on, we have a problem fetching one in on permanent so need him to stay and get a loan keeper in which is what we do

Jones is good enough for back up imo unless we can fetch another Olosunde in.

Strange one Lamy

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    We don’t have a keeper if Price moves on, we have a problem fetching one in on permanent so need him to stay and get a loan keeper in which is what we do

Jones is good enough for back up imo unless we can fetch another Olosunde in
    I’d sooner play Thomson icky wiles and even Paul warnes Labrador chief over jones he’s too slow it’s like bringing a mobility scooter to race a bunch of f1 cars.

Price he won’t play and yes I agree it makes sense when signing a new keeper to have one but this will keep going on if we don’t bring in 2 keepers this year 1 for first team and one to develop to replace price in a few years and possibly be our no 1

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

Jones is good enough for back up imo unless we can fetch another Olosunde in.

Strange one Lamy
    Probably just a financial decision with Lamy

The departure of the loan players shows how fragile things can be if you can’t find suitable replacements at the right price

Not shocked by that at all.

Lamy never looked like forcing his way into the team and it said a lot when Warne brought in the two wingers on Loan in January, and when he couldn't get a Wimbledon the writing was on the wall. A shame it didn't work out and good luck to the lad. Same with Bilboe, I don't think he's made any first appearances and he's been here years, was never even risked in the EFL trophy unless I'm mistaken?

Price seems happy enough being the number two and can't see why he wouldn't stay. I think keeping Jones is a no brainer too. Warne said in the Q&A that we might need a bigger squad with us playing more games in a short period of time. Jones will probably be used as cover and we'll struggle to get anyone better in our wage budget, and he can play in several positions which is always handy to have. Just hope he stays fit.

Can’t argue with any of this with possibly the exception of Jones I must admit he’s impressed me when I’ve seen him he never seems to get into “trouble” and is very aware and doesn’t get caught out of position however his fitness is poor and to be honest he’s not much use in the treatment room let’s hope we only offer new terms based on appearances or at best 1 year if we can’t find anyone in our budget as I don’t think he’ll be on bad money

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Can’t argue with any of this with possibly the exception of Jones I must admit he’s impressed me when I’ve seen him he never seems to get into “trouble” and is very aware and doesn’t get caught out of position however his fitness is poor and to be honest he’s not much use in the treatment room let’s hope we only offer new terms based on appearances or at best 1 year if we can’t find anyone in our budget as I don’t think he’ll be on bad money
    I'd agree with all this, my post was on the assumption he'd be offered reduced terms due to his injury record.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast