+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Edmonson

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Then f00k off and dont come back if you want everyone to bow down in thanks for playing "the beautiful game" whilst missing out on promotion (again), simply because Bielsa can't, or won't, recognise what even those like me who supported Bamford at the start of the season can see, Bamford will never be "good enough" as long as he has a hole in his ar5e.

****s sake, he does have apoint though - who says we will miss out again? 7 points clear of third with 8 games to go?

There will be a lot of red faces on here when we DO get promoted at the end of the season FFS

The chances of promotional are still well in our grasp. My point with Bamford is that we dont seem to want to try anyone other than him to make sure it happens! And he can score 10 goals in the next 8 games and we go up...and it still won't change my opinion that we should already be celebrating if he had of been replaced months back ! Will be thrilled like everyone else, but nothing will change that for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    ****s sake, he does have apoint though - who says we will miss out again? 7 points clear of third with 8 games to go?

There will be a lot of red faces on here when we DO get promoted at the end of the season FFS
    That wasn't his point. It was that Edmonson "isn't good enough" and by accepting Bielsas continued selection of the likes of Bamford it's an inescapable conclusion that he thinks Bamford is. I'm not alone in differeing on the score, but Joel appears not to want to listen to such arguments. There was nothing to do with promotion in his post.

We all hope we will get promoted, the debate here (which Joel appears to want to close down) is whether we will get there with the 1st team selection that we have at present, or whether others can help. I suspect if Casilla hadn't got himslef banned, he would still be between the sticks. Bielsa appears incapable of ringing changes where they are clearly needed (and they were in goal, and the change was forced on him) and in front of goal, they haven't, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    The chances of promotional are still well in our grasp. My point with Bamford is that we dont seem to want to try anyone other than him to make sure it happens! And he can score 10 goals in the next 8 games and we go up...and it still won't change my opinion that we should already be celebrating if he had of been replaced months back ! Will be thrilled like everyone else, but nothing will change that for me...
    Spot on, and it's not a "we don't seem.....", it's a "he doesn't seem......", there is no team making selections here, just Bielsa.

I'm a little confused on Joel's points and attitude. I'm a glass half full kind of guy and still assume we are going up.

However, having a striker that doesn't score is kind of like having a keeper than can't stop set plays. He can do everything else right but in the end he's not good enough. I guess you could also use the analogy of a coach that does not make adjustments regardless of what the other side is doing or what the players on the pitch are performing that game.

I'll also make the observation that we've had some real donkey's come out later in games against us and score. I can't remember who it was but someone put some big walrus out against us later in the game and his first touch was a goal and the second was an assist and we lost. The guy did not not have anywhere near the ability or speed of bamford but won the game for them.

Perhaps young Ryan could do the same for us in certain game situations? I know we play beautiful football and I love it but perhaps we could play ugly ball for 10 minutes and win the game? 80 minutes or sublime football and 10 minutes of ugly still counts as 3 points

Just a thought.

Most clubs would be giving the lad 20/25mins to see what he could offer.
    Instead we buy someone who is unfit, and after a 3 month layoff, turns out to be even more unfit.
    I think Bielsa would rather lose, than win ugly. Possession dont make points.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I'm a little confused on Joel's points and attitude. I'm a glass half full kind of guy and still assume we are going up.

However, having a striker that doesn't score is kind of like having a keeper than can't stop set plays. He can do everything else right but in the end he's not good enough. I guess you could also use the analogy of a coach that does not make adjustments regardless of what the other side is doing or what the players on the pitch are performing that game.

I'll also make the observation that we've had some real donkey's come out later in games against us and score. I can't remember who it was but someone put some big walrus out against us later in the game and his first touch was a goal and the second was an assist and we lost. The guy did not not have anywhere near the ability or speed of bamford but won the game for them.

Perhaps young Ryan could do the same for us in certain game situations? I know we play beautiful football and I love it but perhaps we could play ugly ball for 10 minutes and win the game? 80 minutes or sublime football and 10 minutes of ugly still counts as 3 points

Just a thought.
    Difference being, Edmonson (from the little I have seen admittedly) doesn't play "ugly ball", he plays well (and scores!)

U23's football isn't competitive enough to judge if someone is going to storm the 1st team imo.

I do agree though, it would be great to see what the lad could do in the 1st team especially with some of the injuries we have had. But Bielsa and his staff have taken us this far and I stand behind him.

2 sloppy pieces of play was our downfall on Sunday. I would have gladly come away from there with a point.

I've got more chance of back-skuttling Cheryl Cole than Edmonson has of playing!

7 points clear..and just hoping Cardiff was an off day..however if we do lose to Fulham I would suggest there is a chance we could feck up again.

Obviously praying we do the business this time but you always have to be prepared for the sh1t hitting the fan.

Ailing was p issed off and rightly so. That was a lap in the face moving Dallas to RB. There's Poveda, Alioski and Costa, all left sided players but that tube Harrison plays the whole game. Bizarre.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)