+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Edmonson

Edmonson

Have to ask.

Anyone know why he's not been given a chance. The guy's stats are impressive and he seems a really hard worker the few times I've seen him on the tube.

If roberts and KJA are out how is he not the first one up?

Much as I like MB matters like this are really frustrating. If a strikers not scoring you have to give someone else a chance. we can't win every game 1-0 and we all know the sick feeling when the other side scores first.... against the run of play. what harm does it do to give him a hard run with 25 minutes left. If bamford doesn't score in the first half he's not one that you can count on to score at all.

Thing is I don't think Bielsa judges strikers by how many goals they score, they have to do so much more. This is a manager who would take more from a match lost but played the way he had set out to do than a scrappy win. You have to accept with Bielsa 1) that he doesn't see things the same way that the rest of us do and 2) he doesn't change his tactics, views or line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    Thing is I don't think Bielsa judges strikers by how many goals they score, they have to do so much more. This is a manager who would take more from a match lost but played the way he had set out to do than a scrappy win. You have to accept with Bielsa 1) that he doesn't see things the same way that the rest of us do and 2) he doesn't change his tactics, views or line up.
    If what you say is right regarding what he finds "acceptable", then he should be shown the door, because the supporters (by and large), wouldnt/dont see it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    If what you say is right regarding what he finds "acceptable", then he should be shown the door, because the supporters (by and large), wouldnt/dont see it that way.
    But he's a master that has not achieved anything outside his own country. Ayling off Harrison left on instead of Dallas taking his place he takes Aylings, Ayling didn't look too impressed either all goes well. It's ok when we stuff this promotion up he will be gonsky by his own failings.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Wouldn't disagree, no point in developing a player that isn't going to play. But what other conclusion can you draw from the situation, Edmonson was banging them in last season in the U23 and no matter how desperate we were with the need for goals in the first team he never even made the bench.

Because he isn't good enough for the system we play. Scoring goals in u23 means nothing, I remember Varney scoring 4 in a game for u23s.

Bielsa sees him in training, so do the rest of the coaches, if he isn't doing it in training he isn't good enough to do it in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    But he's a master that has not achieved anything outside his own country. Ayling off Harrison left on instead of Dallas taking his place he takes Aylings, Ayling didn't look too impressed either all goes well. It's ok when we stuff this promotion up he will be gonsky by his own failings.
    Jesus you guys are the most miserable ****ers I've ever seen.

We are playing by far the best football I've seen, winning games and generally only losing by being unlucky.

No wonder I ditched this forum for ages, this is the kind of dog**** guff that gets posted

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post

We are playing by far the best football I've seen, winning games and generally only losing by being unlucky.

No wonder I ditched this forum for ages, this is the kind of dog**** guff that gets posted
    Can't be that bad as you responded. See what it is about you is that you can't accept that other people may have a different opinion to you.
    What has your master achieved show me the proof? Beautifull Football? Wtf been nice never gets many people anywhere so what is so special about this beautiful football you are talking about? Leicester played beautiful football but they actually got something out of it.

Because he isn't good enough for the system we play. Scoring goals in u23 means nothing, I remember Varney scoring 4 in a game for u23s.

Bielsa sees him in training, so do the rest of the coaches, if he isn't doing it in training he isn't good enough to do it in a game.
    And Bamford is (good enough), really?????

Then f00k off and dont come back if you want everyone to bow down in thanks for playing "the beautiful game" whilst missing out on promotion (again), simply because Bielsa can't, or won't, recognise what even those like me who supported Bamford at the start of the season can see, Bamford will never be "good enough" as long as he has a hole in his ar5e.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)