+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Burnley-Sh*t hole, Sh*t game, Sh*t fans_ Cardiff City messageboard today

''I'm waiting for the day a black, Jewish lesbian feminist with a desire to transgender and a penchant for pork pies starts to kick up a fuss. Now that would be interesting? Not really ,you would have to set her tail alight first!!!

Thanks for that 59, like everyone else you are entitled to your view.

But its a long way from mine, and I'm still at a loss to understand.

Regardless of Colour in any aspect of work you do your best, yes Football/Athletics/Music there are many talented Black folk, and in Football you have always had racism, just the same as in the street, you will not stop it, many black men have been killed in the USA well before this last one (Floyd), Many black ****agers have been killed by the knife and gun in our own country for many years, the FA have had their slogan about Kicking racism out of Football for many years.

And so we have Black Lives Matter (which I believe the way its vented is racist in itself) emblazened on our Football shows, we have BLM badges for arseholes who front these TV shows, across the backs of shirts, even Ben Mee talking a load of Bollox (sorry Ben but you have been taken in), bending the knee FFS ! For someone thousands of miles across the Ocean, Its pathetic.

You say its a catalyst for change, Sorry I don't see it 59.

"And over the years footy has been subject to many racist incidents. Do you remember when we (including me) used to give monkey chants, some of us threw bananas etc.
    And racism is still very much in evidence."

I'm seriously worried about you 59, I've never indulged in monkey chants at black players, possibly because there just weren't any around at least for the first twenty years of my football supporting life anyway. I've never thrown a banana, it's never even crossed my mind to, and in all the years I've been watching football, if a banana has been thrown onto the pitch at Burnley I didn't see it. I've followed Burnley all over the country, I've been in the company of some real reprobates back in the day, hurled abuse at opposition players and fans, hundreds of toilet rolls, the odd pie or two, but I've never seen a banana thrown and monkey chants were never part of the repertoire.

And if by racism you mean racist abuse of black players then no, in England it most certainly is not still very much in evidence, in the ten years since I've been back from France I simply haven't heard any on an English football ground, and I've been on a lot. There was one guy sat behind me at Turf Moor about five years ago started kicking off about a black player, he was immediately told to button it by his mates, and that's all I've heard. There have been a few isolated incidents, because ****-wits and morons will always be with us, but they are so rare they invariably make the national news, and the media are all over them, but prevalent they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "And over the years footy has been subject to many racist incidents. Do you remember when we (including me) used to give monkey chants, some of us threw bananas etc.
    And racism is still very much in evidence."

I'm seriously worried about you 59, I've never indulged in monkey chants at black players, possibly because there just weren't any around at least for the first twenty years of my football supporting life anyway. I've never thrown a banana, it's never even crossed my mind to, and in all the years I've been watching football, if a banana has been thrown onto the pitch at Burnley I didn't see it. I've followed Burnley all over the country, I've been in the company of some real reprobates back in the day, hurled abuse at opposition players and fans, hundreds of toilet rolls, the odd pie or two, but I've never seen a banana thrown and monkey chants were never part of the repertoire.

And if by racism you mean racist abuse of black players then no, in England it most certainly is not still very much in evidence, in the ten years since I've been back from France I simply haven't heard any on an English football ground, and I've been on a lot. There was one guy sat behind me at Turf Moor about five years ago started kicking off about a black player, he was immediately told to button it by his mates, and that's all I've heard. There have been a few isolated incidents, because ****-wits and morons will always be with us, but they are so rare they invariably make the national news, and the media are all over them, but prevalent they are not.
    That's two of us then sinky!

I remember Clyde Best having a banana thrown towards him from the Bee Hole End circa 1967.

A couple of seasons ago we were up at Middleborough and Traore was getting dog's abuse from a pissed up Apache about two rows away from us. Someone (a Burnley fan) googled a photo of the James Cook A & E and told him if he didn't shut his gob this is where you are going.

It was the first ever away game the Child Bride had ever attended and she still talks about how quickly this nasty piece of work was dealt with.

In over sixty years of watching the Clarets these are the only two cases of racism I have ever witnessed, which is still two too many, but hardly makes Burnley Football Club a "racist endeavour" as Darren Bent has recently suggested?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)