+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jim Duffy- Get well soon

Although I got a definite anti-Utd vibe from him, he was a decent player and a real good pro.

He was just as good a manager as he was a player, IMO a better manager. He came across as very astute and certainly knew his stuff. He could set up a team in such a way as to make it really difficult for the opposition, whatever their strengths.

It has surprised me for years that he never got offered a bigger gig as a manager. And there have been a number of times where I thought he'd be the right choice for us. Even with his dee tendency!

Anyhow, all the best to him. He was never 'fragile', so hopefully he'll make a full recovery and be back on his feet soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy vine View Post
    Sorry to be a party pooper but it was Alan kernaghan that replaced Jim Duffy.
    Sorry Alan , you didn't have to join just to put the record straight !

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Sorry Alan , you didn't have to join just to put the record straight !
    I did my research on a Dee site mate but they had air brushed Kernaghan from their history,it never went well to be honest.It never mentioned they sacked Jim when he had them top of the league either.

Sometimes you just remember certain players in certain games and I remember Duffy most in the away game at Morton a few games from the end of our title winning season and for a team that got pumped 4-0 at home Duffy was outstanding, he might even have PFA player of the season that year. Always a gentleman and seems well respected by his fellow pros. Get well soon Jim.

He was actually sacked twice as manager of the Fun while top of the league, I remember one of them he was replaced by Cowboy McCormack who was also sacked whilst top of the league . I'm pretty sure the fun have done it 4 times.

a very good player and stood out for the funsters v us in a few games....get well soon Jim

Just read this and hope he makes a 100% full recovery and best wishes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)