+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Take a knee

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Pictures can of course paint a thousand words but can always do with a little embellishment. I had one sent to me recently on FB of a white person in blackface being arrested by police with the added caption “this person was arrested by police for looting. Let that sink in.” I just noticed the police badges were from Canada so had a little look and the gent concerned had been arrested at an anti-racism rally in Toronto. No looting and he wasn’t even charged. The make up was terrible. I think he could have been charged with that. Sadly the only default these days is to mistrust everything you are told from whatever source. Sadly and this has been borne out time and time again during the BLM protests too many people are only too willing to believe any tosh they are told. Manipulators are the worst of people wherever you find them. I know that to my cost having been a victim. It made my skin crawl when I found out.
    outwood --so very true. We are being fed all sorts of rubbish and it is becoming more and more apparent that people can no longer think for themselves or take stock of what is happening in any situation. We are indeed being manipulated, I am not sure by who, however, people do need to abandon the herd mentality and get to grips with the reality of the situation. The big problem with all that is that far too many people think that what happens in these so-called 'reality tv shows' is real life. It is a sad world and it ain't going to get any better.

B T: So now we get photos, who knows from a tactic used many years ago ,and because some U S 'cop' used it with force ,someone died.
    So Israeli's are bad guys. In Judo, there are several strangle holds ,but as far as I know nobody has died ,if if someone does ? Are the Japanese then the bad guys ? In boxing some have died ,but not a word against the promoters of the sport,perhaps a newspaper article and it passes? You can 'trap' a person on the ground with this tactic,but its the guy that is doing it, whether he means to kill or cause an extreme injury. This event will pass also.

But it's common to do injury to Israel. Much is based on history. Why after 1948 when Arab armies attacked Israel and created this situation,where they illegally captured, what you now call the West Bank,why was that legal?So when Israel now wants to regain it ,it's suddenly illegal? Much of Israels history is connected to that area. Why when Israelis settle in their own land, 'Judea and Shomron',it's illegal?

Why does the shadow foreign secretary for Britain's Labour Party Lisa Nandy has called for a ban on settlements goods if Israel goes through with annexation of parts of the West Bank. Israels occupation of the West bank is legal. It was part of the heartland of Judea and Shomron.
    "If we do not control the envelope of the Palestinian Authority, we may see from Ramallah, many missiles coming into Jerusalem. It is just 5 kilometers, or (3.5) miles!" - Professor Efraim Inbar, President of JISS.

Just because you repeat a Lie over and over again it is still a Lie and it doesn't become True. There was NEVER a country that was called "Palestine", there was NEVER a nationality called "Palestinian", there is no Peace Partner, the Arabs don't know what the Definition of "Negotiate" is and the Arabs have said many times and quite loudly that they won't "Compromise" so I'm not sure what they're "Negotiating" or what Israel is waiting for ???

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'll just re-word that slightly BT, to reflect what's really going on, and which might make the Labour Party more electable in the eyes of ordinary, decent, working class people, who wouldn't touch Labour with a barge pole at the last election.

"The removal from the shadow cabinet of Rebecca Long-Bailey represents the beginning of a cull that any other anti-semitic members of the shadow cabinet will suffer imminently."
    Sinkov if Rebecca Long Bailey is anti-Semitic, I'm a Blackburn Rovers fan. Pandering to the Jewish far right will not win the Labour Party any new friends, that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Sinkov if Rebecca Long Bailey is anti-Semitic, I'm a Blackburn Rovers fan. Pandering to the Jewish far right will not win the Labour Party any new friends, that is for sure.
    Can't make my mind up about Starmer BT, for a lawyer he does seem a bit wooden and unimaginative. I'm not sure he knows quite how to cope with Boris's bluff and bluster at PMQs, Boris just brushes his rapier like thrusts aside and goes off at a tangent, leaving Keir looking bemused. He is an improvement on Corbyn though, I'll give you that. Anyway looks like civil war is kicking off again in the People's Party, more entertainment for me, what's not to like.

Can't make my mind up about Starmer BT, for a lawyer he does seem a bit wooden and unimaginative. I'm not sure he knows quite how to cope with Boris's bluff and bluster at PMQs, Boris just brushes his rapier like thrusts aside and goes off at a tangent, leaving Keir looking bemused. He is an improvement on Corbyn though, I'll give you that. Anyway looks like civil war is kicking off again in the People's Party, more entertainment for me, what's not to like.
    What we have here is Blair Mk2. I saw this coming long before many of my former CLP mates across the North-West.

Many, many thousands of card carrying Labour Party activists have recently left the party sinkov.

I said on Facebook last week Starmer would get shut of Rebecca Long Bailey at the first opportunity, because she urged caution in re-opening schools. Blair Mk2 was siding with Boris and wants the kids back at their desks, safe or not.

Rebecca objected and the rest is history...

Attachment 16194

"kids back at their desks, safe or not."

Their desks and schools are perfectly safe BT, even I know that. If Becky is trying to keep kids away from their schooling then she deserves to be sacked, anti-semitic or not.

"kids back at their desks, safe or not."

Their desks and schools are perfectly safe BT, even I know that. If Becky is trying to keep kids away from their schooling then she deserves to be sacked, anti-semitic or not.
    The current spike would suggest you are wrong as usual sinkov.

Black Lives matter is NOT a political issue according to the EPL...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...rtan-ntp-feeds

Could have fooled me because the BLM is now targeting Israel's treatment of the Palestinians. Where do I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The current spike would suggest you are wrong as usual sinkov.
    Don't know what the latest figures are BT, but it seems to me that if schools were closed on these stats, as of May 1st,

"Death from Covid-19 is very rare among young people. Of 33,614 deaths of people with Covid-19 registered in England and Wales up to 1 May 2020, only two were in people aged between 1 and 14."

then it was a massive over-reaction. But massive over-reactions in response to this virus is what our government is good at. But I think we can agree it's not much good at anything else. Maybe it will be good at getting us out of the EU as a sovereign independent nation, but even on that I'm reserving judgement.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)