+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Take a knee

(BT....." targeting Israel's treatment of the Palestinians. Where do I sign up?
    The UN and others trying to stop the Jews from reclaiming sovereignty in their biblical heartland after 3000 years is unconscionable.

Article 95 provided that Palestine - within such boundaries as might be determined by the Principal Allied Powers – be administered by a Mandatory to be selected by them. The Mandatory was to be responsible for putting into effect the Balfour Declaration made on November 2, 1917 by the British Government - and adopted by the Allied Powers -..... in favour of the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people -..... it being clearly understood that nothing would be done which might prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine - or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.

Judea and Samaria was reserved however for the Jews under the Mandate – that right being preserved under article 80 of the 1945 United Nations Charter notwithstanding the demise of the League of Nations in 1946.

After Britain handed its Mandate back to the United Nations in 1948 - every Jew living in Judea and Samaria was driven out by the invading army of Transjordan which itself comprised 77% of the Mandate territory and had achieved independence in 1946.

Judea and Samaria was illegally unified with Transjordan to become “The West Bank in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan” from 1950 to 1967 - recognized only by Great Britain, Iraq and Pakistan. Jordanian citizenship was extended to all its Arab citizens from 1954 to 1988.

Jordan’s loss of Judea and Samaria to Israel in the 1967 Six Day War saw some 450000 Jews returning to reclaim their patrimony over the next 53 years – but the international community’s seal of approval soon changed to outright condemnation.

I see that the FA and the PL, after the way they jumped on board the BLM train, have now realised that the political aims of the movement are far from the ideal of giving BAME people an equal chance in football and its employment opportunities and they are now trying to distance themselves from that organisation whilst still putting out a statement that "Black lives matter" -----that is the way that they have put it in their statement. I have nothing to add!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "kids back at their desks, safe or not."

Their desks and schools are perfectly safe BT, even I know that. If Becky is trying to keep kids away from their schooling then she deserves to be sacked, anti-semitic or not.
    I had to pop over to Keighley this morning. Tons of kids were going to school over there. Strange or what?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I had to pop over to Keighley this morning. Tons of kids were going to school over there. Strange or what?
    And,of course,they were all social distancing no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I see that the FA and the PL, after the way they jumped on board the BLM train, have now realised that the political aims of the movement are far from the ideal of giving BAME people an equal chance in football and its employment opportunities and they are now trying to distance themselves from that organisation whilst still putting out a statement that "Black lives matter" -----that is the way that they have put it in their statement. I have nothing to add!
    The EPL continually embarrass themselves Supersub6, it really is the gift that keeps on giving. All they do is visceral, knee jerk reactions and then live to regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    And,of course,they were all social distancing no doubt.
    No, they absolutely were not barrie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptlS0WoaGZQ

Why seemingly intelligent people get on their knees in support of s-c-u-m like this is way beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptlS0WoaGZQ

Why seemingly intelligent people get on their knees in support of s-c-u-m like this is way beyond me.
    Way beyond me too sinkov. Never mind Me Too# & BLM - how's about Get a Phooking GRIP#?

I don't know BT , in school they drummed into us, 'Subject and Object'. OK so the object is ''Get a Phooking GRIP#?''....and the subject is ??....... The US Police Force ? (so they have to try harder? Oh dear !) You really have to be more pragmatic BT! You know , more dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations. That's why I am a PROUTist, not things like Labour or Momentum !

Thing is here Balan, we don't have to think up new undetectable, off the radar ways and means to annex and murder our neighbours, so we reflect on what a set of ****eRs are government are.

The economy has tanked, unemployment figures soon to go off the chart, civil war a real possibility (thank God we do not have a gun culture?), all of our pensions at risk and a member of our Royal Family will soon be wearing an orange jump suit.

Perhaps "Get a phooking grip#" does not quite cover it?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)