+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Watford Match Preview

Burnley v Watford Match Preview

We started badly against Manchester City and then fell away. I have no idea whether Barnes or Wood are fit. I have no idea whether Bardsley will come in at right back or whether there will be any changes in midfield. TBH I have far less ideas than we seemed to have on Monday night at the Etihad.I am reasonably sure that there will be no aeroplane banners to be seen over Turf Moor but the clouds are looming. The only certainty is that I love Burnley and on that basis (flimsy as it may seem when predicting the outcome of football matches) I believe we will score at least one goal and hopefully that will be enough for at least a point.

Sadly dark clouds are somewhere up above ,if we play like we did against City,we have no hope. From early morning I am waiting for that game and a win for us, but not with memory's of 'that' City game. For me tactics were all wrong! We played with two up front against at least 3 City players. Behind there were 4 midfielders ,marking no one ,just marking the grass and watching City pass the ball about,this allowed City to cut us like a knife in butter. Added of course, the long ball up field into space, nowhere land?? Unless things are different,I can not see a good result!

Watford are fighting for their lives, we are not. i expect another defeat.

The four players who were out through injury are still out injured.
    Bardsley will come into the reckoning now that he has signed for another year. He has played for us 3 times against Watford in the last three seasons and they have not scored 1 goals in those games ---get him in the team Sean!!

I don't think Monday's game will have any bearing on the Watford game, I'm hopeful we will be at least competitive, but not confident of three points, then again I never am, so nothing different there.

Hope I am proved wrong but our distribution from Pope and the defence is woeful in this second half we look blown out

You are proved wrong Lanky,great cross from Dwight and great header from JRod to grab the points and pretty much certain premier league football next seaon again..Well done Dyche..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    You are proved wrong Lanky,great cross from Dwight and great header from JRod to grab the points and pretty much certain premier league football next seaon again..Well done Dyche..
    Two games in a very short time and in draining heat tonight and a good win and a clean sheet. We could have been ahead at half time, Watford came back at us, they are fighting for survival so that was to be expected, however, good play and vision from Brownhill to get the ball to Dwight and what a peach of a cross for Jay to score. I thought that Jay was pushed in the box in the next attack but he didn't stay down to give VAR 5 minutes like they had at the Etihad! Good win.

Yes a good win but that’s all. Fire to watch in the 2nd half when Watford were the better team in the first 30 minutes. Good cross good finish and that’s all you can say. After all the unwelcome publicity this week it’s a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Yes a good win but that’s all. Fire to watch in the 2nd half when Watford were the better team in the first 30 minutes. Good cross good finish and that’s all you can say. After all the unwelcome publicity this week it’s a step in the right direction.
    You can't do any better than win ---it is impossible!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)