+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Deserving of the sack?

O/T:- Deserving of the sack?

Jake Hepple, 24, has had his employment at Paradigm Precision terminated even though police said "no criminal offences" were committed by his stunt.

Hepple's idea to fly the banner carrying that message was widely slammed by players and the footballing community in light of the Black Lives Matter movement.

But the Burnley fan said everything had been "blown out of proportion".

He told The Mail Online: "The police told me that I haven't committed any crime and haven't done anything wrong.

"In fact, they asked me if I was OK and wanted any protection, just in case people try to target me."

Hepple, who has previously been pictured with English Defence League founder Tommy Robinson, said he wasn't racist - and that he had "lots of Black and Asian friends".

He said: "We were not trying to offend the movement or black people. I believe that it's also important to acknowledge that white lives matter too. That's all we were trying to say."

Hepple had claimed responsibility for the stunt on Facebook just moments after the plane flew over the stadium, writing: "I'd like to take this time to apologise... to absolutely f***ing nobody!"
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-06-2020 at 05:22 PM.

To have a publicly known racist working for you would be terrible for business. I'm pretty certain the company have made the decision on commercial grounds.

Seeing that he was pictured with Tommy Robinson on his Facebook page, what kind of reaction did he expect? The stunt must have been designed to provoke a media and public response and he got one.

If he'd had any brains he would have flown a flag that said something like "RIP Reading three". Somebody called into talkSport yesterday and asked Jim White if his station would be having a minute's silence for the victims of the Reading attack as they had for George Floyd. White said no and then changed the subject.

Thought it was odd on Saturday that "Match of the Day" showed the pre-match gesture for NHS once at the start of the programme but the BLM kneel was shown ahead of every single game. Nobody seems to want to admit what is behind BLM and where the funding is going. Whatever your politics, there's no denying this is a political movement with a political intent. That's probably not Hepple's chief concern however.

Course he deserves the sack. As well as being a racist ****, he’s clearly as thick as pig sh!t.

It's quite funny watching the little turd grovel! Saying publicly that "I'm not a racist, I have lots of Black and Asian friends" must have hurt him deeply and shot his street cred to bits with his EDL mates. I actually don't think he deserves the sack because he's right in claiming that no criminal offence was committed, but his punishment will come in other ways. It was pretty obvious to anyone with a brain what his motive was, but he doesn't have the guts to admit it.

Everyone has their own right to an opinion on this matter but this guy is an idiot for doing what he did, he should prob be in fear for his own existence now as he is getting some horrible reactions on social media, I would not like to be him right now but he made his own bed.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Everyone has their own right to an opinion on this matter but this guy is an idiot for doing what he did, he should prob be in fear for his own existence now as he is getting some horrible reactions on social media, I would not like to be him right now but he made his own bed.
    He shouldn’t be in fear of violence. Apart from that I find it hard to dredge up any sympathy for him, as he was clearly stirring it.

When did "committing a criminal offence" become the sole grounds for getting the sack?

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    When did "committing a criminal offence" become the sole grounds for getting the sack?
    He hasn't

Its not really a question of whether or not he deserves the sack. What he did was always going to provoke a negative and defensive response from anyone associated with him and you reap what you sow. It's achieved nothing other than making his life much harder than it already was.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast