+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Deserving of the sack?

Quote Originally Posted by EwarWooWar View Post
    Ah yes but please explain what is the definition of "racist" this week, as your lot keeps changing the definition to suit your agenda. You want to define and class people based on their race and state that is not racist, others say people should not be defined on their race and you state that is racist.
    Who’s ‘your lot’?

I think you know perfectly well what’s racist and what isn’t and I don’t know why you’re pretending not to.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Common sense isn't as common as you might think, Gumpy. It's human nature to think "It won't happen to me" and ignore any early warnings or preventative measures such as lockdown. It's only when it gets as personal as someone close to you becoming dangerously ill that people think "Ayup, that was a bit close!" THEN they start to worry.
    The safest driving is found a mile either side of a terrible road accident.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    You are absolutely right. Then it just gets bad again.

Everything seems to be pointing to the lockdown being finished. On BBC Breakfast this morning there was a guy defending raves. He was in Nottingham. The police should apparently ignore them, 99% go under the radar, they socially distance, take all litter home etc. 50 - 100 attending. At the same time I read that a wedding reception held outside would be limited to 6 people. Can't see why he was given a platform on TV to not only defend them, but encourage them!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    The safest driving is found whilst testing your eyesight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    The safest driving is found whilst testing your eyesight.
    Unless you really weren't well enough to drive 270 miles home. But then you shouldn't have been driving to a beauty spot - sorry, going for a test drive - anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Who’s ‘your lot’?

I think you know perfectly well what’s racist and what isn’t and I don’t know why you’re pretending not to.
    Yes I do, basing decision of a person based upon inherant attributes

But I am asking you, what do you call racism this week because you change the definition to suit your agenda and excuse your racist beliefs and actions.

So simple question, do all lives matter?

Something else, is Black Lives Matter a replacement of All Lives Matter or a suppliment to it? When you challenge the idea that All Lives matter can you please advise what lives do not matter and what you intend to do with those to do not matter?

Quote Originally Posted by EwarWooWar View Post
    Yes I do, basing decision of a person based upon inherant attributes

But I am asking you, what do you call racism this week because you change the definition to suit your agenda and excuse your racist beliefs and actions.

So simple question, do all lives matter?

Something else, is Black Lives Matter a replacement of All Lives Matter or a suppliment to it? When you challenge the idea that All Lives matter can you please advise what lives do not matter and what you intend to do with those to do not matter?
    Yemeni lives apparently don't matter. Biggest humanitarian crisis on the planet right now and our media completely ignore it. British and Americans selling the Saudis the bombs and weapons that are effectively wiping that country off the map.

Who’s ‘your lot’?

That's the point, nobody does, because the parameters are being " pushed" on a daily basis, and the racism definition expands driven by the views of the last twitter warrior who decided to redefine it .

It's like "The Terror" without The Guillotine.

Racist people feeling free to say racist things will reduce racism is an interesting hypothesis.
    Whether it’s racism or any other extreme ideology, preventing extremists from expressing their views in public will not make them less extreme. Nor will it stop them recruiting and grooming further extremists. They will still pick out vulnerable targets and indoctrinate them in private, in person or online, where moderating voices cannot see, hear or intervene until the damage is irrevocable.

Extreme views will exist for as long as humans exist and certain individuals or groups of people feel disillusioned with their lot in life. Suppression does not make the problem go away. It forces the problem underground and ferments it, until it eventually re-surfaces as a much bigger and more uncontrollable beast somewhere down the line.

I wouldn’t enjoying listening to – for example – hate preachers or racial supremacists – but I’d rather have those extreme views out in the open where they can be identified, discussed and challenged, often successfully, rather than forced into dark corners and closed conversations where they cannot.
    Last edited by jackal2; 26-06-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Whether it’s racism or any other extreme ideology, preventing extremists from expressing their views in public will not make them less extreme. Nor will it stop them recruiting and grooming further extremists. They will still pick out vulnerable targets and indoctrinate them in private, in person or online, where moderating voices cannot see, hear or intervene until the damage is irrevocable.

Extreme views will exist for as long as humans exist and certain individuals or groups of people feel disillusioned with their lot in life. Suppression does not make the problem go away. It forces the problem underground and ferments it, until it eventually re-surfaces as a much bigger and more uncontrollable beast somewhere down the line.

I wouldn’t enjoying listening to – for example – hate preachers or racial supremacists – but I’d rather have those extreme views out in the open where they can be identified, discussed and challenged, often successfully, rather than forced into dark corners and closed conversations where they cannot.
    Quite a well thought out and reasoned post. In addition to it.

When you ban people because of disagreeable speak you do not silence them, you merely move the place they make that speech. You then have others who end up in that same location only hearing the views of the hate speakers, they will then move towards those more radical views as there is no one to counter them.

The real way to counter hate is with the truth.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast