+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Deserving of the sack?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Feck me, it's Heinrich Sieveney from the Scarborough SS. Let me know if you need to any thumbscrews or piano wire.
    Cheers navypie. Just spat my coffee all over my keyboard laughing

Feck me, it's Heinrich Sieveney from the Scarborough SS. Let me know if you need to any thumbscrews or piano wire.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Cheers navypie. Just spat my coffee all over my keyboard laughing
    You won't be laughing when the lefties on here get back from today's riots and demand ( and demand they will ) why I'm not tending Elite's onions.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

Perhaps it takes a left-leaning satirical comedian like Jonathan Pie to make the point.

I took the time to read Maxine Peake's article in the Independent. She did indeed make one ridiculous statement referring to American police and Israeli secret service training, which people may or may not interpret as anti-semitic. Peake has since said it was not intended as such. Either way, the main thrust of the article and the majority of Peake's comments were just a bog-standard anti-Tory, anti-capitalist Corbynista rant.

There's no doubt in my mind that when Rebecca Long-Bailey retweeted the article, with a brief accompanying comment describing Maxine Peake as an "absolute diamond", she was referring to the predominant anti-Tory sentiment of the article rather than endorsing one particular paragraph within it.

I thought it was spurious in the extreme for Keir Starmer to use that re-tweet as grounds to sack her, but as Jonathan Pie says, Long-Bailey's cause for complaint is undermined because this is precisely the sort of 'woke' environment she has sought to create, where people can be hung out to dry for even the slightest suggestion of a view that some might interpret as offensive. The oozlum bird really has disappeared up its own posterior.
    Last edited by jackal2; 28-06-2020 at 03:00 PM.

The Tories preferred nickname for Rebecca Long Bailey was 'Wrong Daily'. Maybe they had a point.
    Ed Miliband on Marr this morning explained that the attributing of all the world's ills to Jews is what has made them outcasts throughout history and this is what must stop. There was no proof that Israeli special forces had an input into US policing but plenty of anti-semitic people who were prepared to believe it.
    Another important point is that before he sacked her, Starmer gave her the opportunity to apologise. She wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by EwarWooWar View Post
    I've always been me, never been anyone else. I've been a member since 2003 but stopped following Notts in about 2010 after moving abroad. Came back to the UK at the start of last year and started going to Notts again. When I tried to sign up for an account here it told me I already had this one so started using it again.

What would it matter who I was anyway, does the value of my words change depending on who I am?
    Yes. PSAW is a Cambridge supporting far right plonker who thinks anything on the left side is a Communist plot.
    Last edited by sidders; 28-06-2020 at 03:15 PM.

About that 'equipment' you offered. What's the going rate? And throw in a few wet wipes for Swale's keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    The Tories preferred nickname for Rebecca Long Bailey was 'Wrong Daily'. Maybe they had a point.
    Ed Miliband on Marr this morning explained that the attributing of all the world's ills to Jews is what has made them outcasts throughout history and this is what must stop. There was no proof that Israeli special forces had an input into US policing but plenty of anti-semitic people who were prepared to believe it.
    Another important point is that before he sacked her, Starmer gave her the opportunity to apologise. She wouldn't.
    Gotta be the first time you've never come back with something for your favorite sailor.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    About that 'equipment' you offered. What's the going rate?
    Spoke too soon. Not the greatest comeback

Gotta be the first time you've never come back with something for your favorite sailor.
    See post 87, Admiral.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast