+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO Donny tyke......and everybody else

FAO Donny tyke......and everybody else

How would you fancy this..Col d’agnel.. 2700m and freezing cold!

Name:  025A7E06-0CD0-43AE-8A80-9C8B6017CFED.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  20.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    How would you fancy this..Col d’agnel.. 2700m and freezing cold!

Name:  025A7E06-0CD0-43AE-8A80-9C8B6017CFED.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  20.2 KB
    Would love to do it Frenchy . It's a year since I had heart attack . Was fit as a fiddle. Training for London/Surrey 100 just after losing my mrs. . Didnt relise I'd had one . I put two stone on in a month. Couldn't breath . It was due to heart being weak my lungs filled with fluid. Still.waiting for cardiologist to decide what they're doing. Everything.is on hold with covid. I get out of breath now fastening my shoe laces. Hopefully be back on the bike in the future

Bloody hell Donny it sounds like you have had a right sh.it time of it lately,I hope that things get better for you soon mate

Sorry to learn about the hard times you have experienced. Get well soon, get back up on your bike and once you have enough mileage in your legs treat yourself to a cycling trip to the Queyras region in the French alps....you won’t regret it!

Quote Originally Posted by donny tyke View Post
    Would love to do it Frenchy . It's a year since I had heart attack . Was fit as a fiddle. Training for London/Surrey 100 just after losing my mrs. . Didnt relise I'd had one . I put two stone on in a month. Couldn't breath . It was due to heart being weak my lungs filled with fluid. Still.waiting for cardiologist to decide what they're doing. Everything.is on hold with covid. I get out of breath now fastening my shoe laces. Hopefully be back on the bike in the future
    Hope all goes well donny. I had a large infarction in Feb 2010. Stent fitted. I was awake throughout the op and was able to watch the procedure on the monitor. I did ask if I could have the video and they said yes but I forgot in the end. Whilst in recovery ward nurse dumbass made me get up and sit in a chair which made the bung they put in the vain entry point pop out. Haemorrhaging (jeez is that how you spell it?) and a huge balloon of blood bulging and bulging in my groin. I was behind curtains and couldn't get attention to me. I thought I was a goner to be effin honest. I had to endure nurse pressing on my groin for 2 days after.(Alf would have loved that with some yogurt). The consultant was really annoyed with nuse. He said I was lucky to survive the heart attack and lucky not to have needed a transfusion.

Like you I was fit at the time and was very active. That was the biggest shock for people that know me as they thought I was super fit for my age.

All the best

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Hope all goes well donny. I had a large infarction in Feb 2010. Stent fitted. I was awake throughout the op and was able to watch the procedure on the monitor. I did ask if I could have the video and they said yes but I forgot in the end. Whilst in recovery ward nurse dumbass made me get up and sit in a chair which made the bung they put in the vain entry point pop out. Haemorrhaging (jeez is that how you spell it?) and a huge balloon of blood bulging and bulging in my groin. I was behind curtains and couldn't get attention to me. I thought I was a goner to be effin honest. I had to endure nurse pressing on my groin for 2 days after.(Alf would have loved that with some yogurt). The consultant was really annoyed with nuse. He said I was lucky to survive the heart attack and lucky not to have needed a transfusion.

Like you I was fit at the time and was very active. That was the biggest shock for people that know me as they thought I was super fit for my age.

All the best
    Thanks.Gaz. Well you've sold the op to me mate 🤣

They mentioned stents when I was taken in around this time last.year actually. The cardiologist said he didn't want.to for some reason. Worst part for me is not getting out on my bike also struggle at work which I love my job. That's why I'm site managing more at the minute but I prefer to be on the tools .
    Other week I was taken in with septic arthritis in my knee and feet ( keep getting realy bad gout since ) my heart was racing between 118 andn195 .