+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queens Trust 2020/21

There are currently over 260 members of the Queens Trust. Frances you mention Jim McCormick, he is a a Queens Trust member. In fact a huge number of the Trust members are also members of the other supporter groups. The members come from all over and from a wealth of different backgrounds. The Trust is open to anyone to join. We have ex players and an ex club director as members along with current staff.

We would have been failing our members had we not tried for supporter representation. That is one of the aims of the Trust.

Quote Originally Posted by JTulip View Post
    There are currently over 260 members of the Queens Trust. Frances you mention Jim McCormick, he is a a Queens Trust member. In fact a huge number of the Trust members are also members of the other supporter groups. The members come from all over and from a wealth of different backgrounds. The Trust is open to anyone to join. We have ex players and an ex club director as members along with current staff.

We would have been failing our members had we not tried for supporter representation. That is one of the aims of the Trust.
    Hey JTULIP , the Trust don’t have the numbers or financial backing to make any kind of difference as a Board member. If your ultimate aim is to one day completely run and own the football club like other teams have done successfully then I’m afraid it’s just not going to work. It’s takes a lot of time , money and effort to do so.

Leave the guys in charge to do what they do best and run the club as successful as possible on a tight budget.

Trusts are involved with and making a difference at more and more clubs throughout the country at clubs of all sizes. It is only going to go in one direction. You see the sums being raised by these fans and it is nothing short of amazing. That’s what is possible with greater fan involvement.

Trusts are involved with and making a difference at more and more clubs throughout the country at clubs of all sizes. It is only going to go in one direction. You see the sums being raised by these fans and it is nothing short of amazing. That’s what is possible with greater fan involvement.

the trust have more fan power and members than the tanner fund so until people see what player the tanner funds money goes to pay for most wont buy in ,ring fenced towards player budget is far too open for me likes ,id like to see it ring fenced to pay for a player or players that queens couldnt normally afford to have at the club , if that was the case fans would donate in there droves .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    the trust have more fan power and members than the tanner fund so until people see what player the tanner funds money goes to pay for most wont buy in ,ring fenced towards player budget is far too open for me likes ,id like to see it ring fenced to pay for a player or players that queens couldnt normally afford to have at the club , if that was the case fans would donate in there droves .
    I’m not quite sure you understand the idea behind the Tanner Fund pal. Every single penny raised is extra funds for AJ to use to either help sign a player or put it towards a better player that they could not perhaps afford.
    I also don’t think the Queens Trust or the Tanner Fund see it as some kind of competition to see who has the most members.

Both are doing a great job.

Unfortunately I don’t think the Queens Trust will ever reach the levels required that other clubs have and take over the ownership and day to day running of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    I’m not quite sure you understand the idea behind the Tanner Fund pal. Every single penny raised is extra funds for AJ to use to either help sign a player or put it towards a better player that they could not perhaps afford.
    I also don’t think the Queens Trust or the Tanner Fund see it as some kind of competition to see who has the most members.

Both are doing a great job.

dont get me wrong johnny both are doing a decent job and im not placing them in compitition either ,i was just saying how the trust has the more members atm ,the tanner fund will either take off great or fall down ,tanner fund will either get a large boost in donations or none after the hold off fans see how good the first donation to aj has gone ,if it ends up just helping out with ajs wage budget i dont think you will see much difference ,id like to see it used as a seperate wage budget to bring in a player with the one fund that queens would struggle too afford instead of being donated to the wide reaching transfer budget .end of the day it can only help .

I always take the view that I’m buying a £10 raffle ticket to win a season ticket and that my money goes in a general pot which supports various queens related activities. For me that’s a good thing and I can’t see why anyone would think otherwise, perhaps their dream of club ownership isn’t something that can be achieved but it’s still a worthy cause.

For information the resolution for supporters representation was backed by the following 5 supporter groups:

Devorgilla Doonhamers,
    Doonhamers Travel Club,
    New Bazaar Doonhamers,
    QOS Disabled Supporters Association
    QOS Trust

Now at 104 members joining the Trust for the season agead. Thank you to all that have joined so far for the really great support!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)