+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Southampton v Arsenal tonight.

Southampton v Arsenal tonight.

Can there be a more meaningless game than this. Arsenal are finished as a club that challenges for honours, never mind win anything.

London is finished, its all about the north. The shame is the owners get fat on the love of the fans for their club, you could put an Arsenal shirt on eleven monkeys, and sixty thousand would buy tickets.

Look at Cambridge, hopeless in every department for more than a generation, and fans still turn up knowing that its hopeless.

Markus of Queen Edith Way.

The trouble is that it's in the blood Frank,I said last year that I was done watching Notts now that they had been relegated to non league and I genuinely meant it,in the closed season I got a tax rebate of £1500 and convinced myself that it was a message from God to buy a season ticket,this season is my 40th year watching them and vowed it to be my last season if Notts went back up or if they made to the new Wembley so I could see them off in style,Wembleys not going to happen but they may get.promoted via playoffs and then I will definitely stop.....

Probably....

No you wont, and thats ok. I cant get excited about it anymore, i watch a game on tv and switch over to a documentary on Hitlers bunker, like last night after ten minutes, or watch Bald and Bankrupt in India.

It must be age. United have been up to div2 and back down again twice now in my life time, div 2 meaning the championship, and doing it a third time is a bit boring.

Im not going to explain this well, but its become like watching a tree grow, or in Uniteds case, not grow.

We are where we were when we got promoted to the league in 1970. In our first season we finished 20th, just missing re election.

We just finished not far off 20th. Hows that for progress. To me its become a ritual, you turn up, and watch a game.

THE RESULT DOESNT REALLY MATTER. Its close to meaningless, it fact it is. There is a video on you tube that says that nothing really matters. Nothing. If the universe is endless, then we are, what we care about, what we die for, what we value,

ITS ALL A GAME. You supporting County, me United, or someone supporting Barton Rovers, its just a way of passing eternity, but we dont know it.

Getting your heart broken is another way, or making and losing a million. Killing six million jews is another. When are you going back to Sue? Can you bung me a few bob?

Ohhh.... I was only taking to Sue about it this morning Frank,are you psychic?

I think that it will be another month yet when everything gets back to normal(ish),it seems so long since I seen her and I'm looking forward to the slow laid back speed of the island as it's so different from a big city like Nottingham

How much do you want to lend Frank,how much is "a few bob?" And more importantly what you doing to use it for,it's not for deposit on a week in a caravan in Skeggy is it?

Look what Sue sent me a photo of this afternoon Frank,isn't it beautiful,it's a Privet Hawk Moth and the UK's biggest moth,it was just sitting there in the sun which tbf is a bit strange for a moth but these are the kind of things that I want to discover how that I'm retired

Name:  IMG-20200627-WA0003.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  89.9 KB

Name:  IMG-20200627-WA0001.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  97.7 KB

Name:  IMG-20200627-WA0002.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  88.6 KB

Awesome Chalky. I love a bit of nature, me.

It looked a fabulous creature griff,I wish that I had been there to see it as well

Moths are almost as bad as spiders to me. Its repulsive, not that i would harm it. Judging by Sues hands and its deep creases, shes older than you think. Check her birth certificate. Those are long nails, and clean.

You are right about her hands Frank,I never noticed those creases before and I know where she keeps her passport so I'm gonna suss her out next month....but tbf it would be a bit rich me pulling her up about it because there's no way that she's anywhere my age

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)