+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well, Will You Be Going To The Pub?

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound View Post
    I assume that you live in Kettering ? lucky you...if you lived in my area,in West Brom,I think that you would see things differently....they don't come to your aid..they give you a crime number
    There are not enough police to cope with public expectations, not the coppers’ fault.

Anyway, regarding the titled theme of this thread, I wish I could go to the pub right now!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s becoming nonsense now.

My wife was treated as if nuclear active on a visit to our dentist today.

At the same time 20,000 were cheek by jowl on Bournemouth beach.

I’ve given up on social distancing pretty much and have started to live my life.

If you’re a white person with your family on a beach the police are hunting you down like a dog.

If you’re at a protest march with 20,000 others you won’t see a copper for live nor money.

What are the rules?

Does anyone give a f u c k anymore?

If you’re health is fragile then take care but if not........

FFS.......let’s get on with life.
    I fully understand your sentiments and agree with what you say, ”get on with life”, Mick.

As many know from my posts regarding this, I have been negative towards lock downs and similar measures.

Of course people in ”risk groups” should be protected and all lives matter (eh!?&#128521 etc, but the real pandemic imo is the mass hysteria (and not the virus) brought on by media/social media.

Both GB and Sweden have been hit hard, and therefore some of my facts and figures can apply for both countries I think (and some are international).

The vast majority of people who contract Covid 19 hardly notice it.

84 % of all 90 years old and older who get it survive.

In Sweden roughly the same amount of people have died January-May this year compared to most years, and ”we have been hit hard by Corona”.

Our NHS have coped well, we had an enormous military field hospital on stand by in Stockholm, closed down without having been used once.

More people died in Sweden in December 1993 and in January 2000 than in April 2020, which was in the very epicentre of the pandemic.

And an interesting question would be, how many have died directly from the Corona virus, and how many have died with the Corona virus?

In 1968 (which I with some emphasis will argue is modern times) some 4 million, probably more, people died from ”the Hongkong flu”, as of yet with Corona, not 500 000.

Pandemics come and go with some intermittent frequency, ”the Spanish flu” (1919-20), ”the Asian” in the 50s, the above mentioned ”Hongkong” in 1968, and now, in 2020, the Corona.

The virus does not ”announce its presence” which is why some countries had this probably as early as October 2019, and that is why you can see differences between countries in the number of deaths, good or bad luck tbh. Eg, two very similar and comparable countries -and neighbour countries - Belgium and the Netherlands both closed down early and severly, Belgium have been hit very hard, the Netherlands not...

Imo, many of the measures taken to by different countries are much more dangerous than the virus, we are talking about human rights and freedoms for instance. And not forgetting that these measures cause bad health and deaths, eg there is a 63 % higher risk of mortality when unemployed.

When people start calling for strong leaders I am always worried, remember the 30s... And look at how, for instance, Viktor Orban in Hungary played his cards during the pandemic.

And solidarity between the EU countries, well **** that...

On a personal view, I will probably not be let into GB this summer, 2-week quarantine... Off to Belgium next week though.
    Last edited by SwedishBaggie; 27-06-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Hi Thomas, glad you’re obviously keeping well. Just thinking, this time last year I was in Sweden, never crossed my mind what a change was coming......! Anyway, I completely agree with what you have posted. Enjoy Belgium.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Hi Thomas, glad you’re obviously keeping well. Just thinking, this time last year I was in Sweden, never crossed my mind what a change was coming......! Anyway, I completely agree with what you have posted. Enjoy Belgium.
    Hi Mike, hope you are keeping well too! Cheers mate and take care!

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    I fully understand your sentiments and agree with what you say, ”get on with life”, Mick.

As many know from my posts regarding this, I have been negative towards lock downs and similar measures.

Of course people in ”risk groups” should be protected and all lives matter (eh!?��) etc, but the real pandemic imo is the mass hysteria (and not the virus) brought on by media/social media.

Both GB and Sweden have been hit hard, and therefore some of my facts and figures can apply for both countries I think (and some are international).

The vast majority of people who contract Covid 19 hardly notice it.

84 % of all 90 years old and older who get it survive.

In Sweden roughly the same amount of people have died January-May this year compared to most years, and ”we have been hit hard by Corona”.

Our NHS have coped well, we had an enormous military field hospital on stand by in Stockholm, closed down without having been used once.

More people died in Sweden in December 1993 and in January 2000 than in April 2020, which was in the very epicentre of the pandemic.

And an interesting question would be, how many have died directly from the Corona virus, and how many have died with the Corona virus?

In 1968 (which I with some emphasis will argue is modern times) some 4 million, probably more, people died from ”the Hongkong flu”, as of yet with Corona, not 500 000.

Pandemics come and go with some intermittent frequency, ”the Spanish flu” (1919-20), ”the Asian” in the 50s, the above mentioned ”Hongkong” in 1968, and now, in 2020, the Corona.

The virus does not ”announce its presence” which is why some countries had this probably as early as October 2019, and that is why you can see differences between countries in the number of deaths, good or bad luck tbh. Eg, two very similar and comparable countries -and neighbour countries - Belgium and the Netherlands both closed down early and severly, Belgium have been hit very hard, the Netherlands not...

Imo, many of the measures taken to by different countries are much more dangerous than the virus, we are talking about human rights and freedoms for instance. And not forgetting that these measures cause bad health and deaths, eg there is a 63 % higher risk of mortality when unemployed.

When people start calling for strong leaders I am always worried, remember the 30s... And look at how, for instance, Viktor Orban in Hungary played his cards during the pandemic.

And solidarity between the EU countries, well **** that...

On a personal view, I will probably not be let into GB this summer, 2-week quarantine... Off to Belgium next week though.

Absolutely bang on!! I have been a Lockdown Sceptic from Day one, and as more and more Information on this 'so called Pandemic has come to light feel justified in being so sceptical. Bravo Sweden for not bowing to what everyone else believed was the way to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Absolutely bang on!! I have been a Lockdown Sceptic from Day one, and as more and more Information on this 'so called Pandemic has come to light feel justified in being so sceptical. Bravo Sweden for not bowing to what everyone else believed was the way to go!!
    Cheers Eve, possibly first time in agreement, but there is always a first time, isn’t there? 😊

Cheers Eve, possibly first time in agreement, but there is always a first time, isn’t there? ��
    Always mate!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Always mate!!
    👍😊

Ps, good win today mate. 😊
    Last edited by SwedishBaggie; 27-06-2020 at 05:04 PM.

����

Ps, good win today mate. ��
    Yes mate any win against them is a good one!! I actually hope you guys get promoted
    this Season some of my own will pillory me for saying so, but I'm well up for a couple of BCD's after all this time!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)