+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Well, Will You Be Going To The Pub?

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Yes mate any win against them is a good one!! I actually hope you guys get promoted
    this Season some of my own will pillory me for saying so, but I'm well up for a couple of BCD's after all this time!!
    Well, let’s hope for that mate, we have to get our act together though, if not, it won’t happen.

I am really impressed by the football you play btw.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Mum’s best friend’s husband of 89 and daughter of 50 are in the middle of serious battles with cancer so what do you think 68?

I’m talking about living life sensibly.......not cramming into six square inches of space on Bournemouth beach FFS.

I can’t see why you felt the need to post that!?

I’m not advocating moronic behaviour.

I won’t attend an Albion match until there’s a vaccine in my present mindset but I’ll probably watch Stourbridge where I can easily find a quiet corner.

Like I said in my post,if health dictates like it does for Al then of course you take all the precautions you feel you need to.
    No slight intended. Straight forward question. If you wish to take offence then that's your prerogative of course. All of the very best to your mom and her mate's family.

Yes me tomorrow lunchtime. In the garden but only if it's not 'silly'

The bloke that runs my regular pub wants to open, with the prescribed distancing, but the owner doesn’t. The owner has no part in actually running the pub but he just doesn’t think that there will be enough customers; he’s way out of touch, all the locals and regulars want it to open. Frustrating!

I've no doubt if had been a blind tasting I would not have known the difference but that first pint in 100+ days of cask ale tasted so so much better than what I have been drinking out of the fridge. Welcome back!

No. It could cost me a thousand quid for a pint if my name comes up with track and trace.

I genuinely hope that all of those who partook had a fine time and a wonderful weekend.

Going out to your local pub or club...what's the risks?
    Mostly increased no matter weather it is following the new guidelines....Your choice.

Years a go in the days of old fashioned whore houses...you greatly increased your chances of catching a ***ual transmitted disease (STD) if you frequented them.
    Interesting...in the States, where they opened up clubs and bars...they are witnessing a big spike in their current wave. They are closing them back down again or reducing their capacity....but the evidence has been there for some time that these types of places, so beloved by many are centers for spreading this virus....your choice.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Going out to your local pub or club...what's the risks?
    Mostly increased no matter weather it is following the new guidelines....Your choice.

Years a go in the days of old fashioned whore houses...you greatly increased your chances of catching a ***ual transmitted disease (STD) if you frequented them.
    Interesting...in the States, where they opened up clubs and bars...they are witnessing a big spike in their current wave. They are closing them back down again or reducing their capacity....but the evidence has been there for some time that these types of places, so beloved by many are centers for spreading this virus....your choice.....
    Fair enough Dub and points well made.

The problem I see though is in this self centred world we all live in, that they risk not only infecting themselves but also other innocent people who they become in contact with, including health professionals who have to treat them.

The risk is not just to themselves but to the wider population.

My Friday night pub reopened last night, all very well organised, tables had to be booked, all well spaced both inside and out. Not quite the same atmosphere as before but still good to be back. It was only the villagers and regulars that were invited to return, so no influx of outsiders, we just hope all will be well!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)